Assistant Professor, Management Science
Lauren Cipriano is an Assistant Professor in Management Science at the Ivey Business School. Lauren's research interests focus on the application of statistics, economics, operations research, and systems analysis to health policy problems.
- Decision Making with Analytics, HBA core
- B.Sc., Honors Biochemistry, Western University
- HBA, Ivey Business School, Western University
- M.S., Statistics, Stanford University
- Ph.D., Management Science, Stanford University
- Sposato LA, Cipriano LE, Saposnik G, Ruíz Vargas E, Riccio PM, Hachinski V. High Frequency of Atrial Fibrillation Diagnosed after Stroke and Transient Ischemic Attack. A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis to Guide Clinical Decision Making. Lancet Neurology. 2015; 14(4): 377-387.
- Enns EA, Cipriano LE, Simons CT, Kong CY. Identifying best-fitting inputs from calibration of health economic models: introducing the Pareto frontier approach. Medical Decision Making. 2015; 25(2): 170-182.
- Liu S, Cipriano LE, Holodniy M, Goldhaber-Fiebert JD. Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Risk-Factor Guided and Birth-Cohort Screening for Chronic Hepatitis C Infection in the United States. PLoS One. 2013; 8(3): e58975.
- Tramontano AC, Cipriano LE, Kong CY, Shepard JO, Lanuti M, Gazelle GS, McMahon PM. Microsimulation modeling predicts a survival benefit after radiofrequency ablation and stereotactic body radiotherapy when compared to radiotherapy in the treatment of medically inoperable stage I non small cell lung cancer. American Journal of Roentgenology. 2013; 200(5):1020-7.
- Cipriano LE, Zaric GS, Holodniy M, Bendavid E, Owens DK, Brandeau ML. Cost effectiveness of screening strategies for early identification of HIV and HCV infection in injection drug users. PLoS One. 2012; 7(9): e45176.
- Cipriano LE, Levesque BG, Zaric GS, Loftus EV, Sandborn WJ. Cost-effectiveness of imaging strategies to reduce radiation-induced cancer risk in Crohn's disease. Inflammatory Bowel Disease. 2012; 18(7):1240-8.
- Liu S, Cipriano LE, Holodniy M, Owens DK, Goldhaber-Fiebert JD. New protease inhibitors for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C: a cost-effectiveness analysis. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2012; 156(4):279-90.
- Cipriano LE, Romanus D, Earle CC, Neville BA, Halpern EF, Gazelle GS, McMahon PM. Lung cancer treatment costs over time, including patient responsibility, by stage of disease and treatment modality, 1992-2003. Value in Health. 2011; 14(1):41-52.
Honours & Awards
- Decision making in dynamic systems with strategic information acquisition” Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC)
- Seth Bonder Foundation Research Award, 2012
- Lee B. Lusted Student Prize Award for outstanding presentations of research in Applied Health Economics, Annual Meeting of the Society for Medical Decision Making, 2012
- Course Assistant Award, Department of Management Science & Engineering, Stanford University, 2012
- Seth Bonder Scholarship for Applied Operations Research in Health Services, INFORMS, 2011
- Award for Outstanding Short Course, Annual Meeting of the Society for Medical Decision Making, 2010, 2011
- Centennial Teaching Assistant Award, Stanford University, 2011
- Visiting Researcher, Management of Technology and Entrepreneurship Institute (MTEI), École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Lausanne, Switzerland (Spring 2012)
- Research Scientist. Institute for Technology Assessment, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA (2006-2008)
- Queuing Project Manager, Ontario Joint Replacement Registry, London Health Sciences Centre, London, ON (2004-2006)