Associate Professor, General Management
- Director, Sustainability Certificate Program
- Donald F. Hunter Professor of International Business
Oana Branzei is Donald F. Hunter Professor of International Business and Associate Professor of Strategy at the Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada. She is also the Director of the Sustainability Certificate program and the founder, convener and host faculty of the Ivey/ARCS PhD Sustainability Academy, an annual event of the Alliance for Research on Corporate Sustainability. Oana held a 2012/2014 visiting appointment with the Center for Positive Organizational Scholarship and the Erb Institute for Global Sustainable Enterprise at the Ross School of Business, University of Michigan. Oana’s research interests, at the intersection of strategy and sustainability, include the pro-social foundations, forms, and functions of business as agents of positive social change and the relational micro-processes of value creation, capture and distribution. She leads major research initiatives on positive social change, social enterprise, sustainable communities, and cross-sector partnerships. At Ivey, Oana has taught in the HBA, MBA, MSc, EMBA and PhD programs. Oana is a field editor for the Journal of Business Venturing and serves on the Editorial Review Boards of the Journal of Management and Academy of Management Learning and Education.
- PhD Strategy
- EMBAs Sustainability
- HBAs Social Enterprise
- PhD, Business Administration - University of British Columbia
- MBA, International Business - University of Nebraska
- HBA, Foreign Trade - Al. I. Cuza University
- For Cases and More, Click Here.
- Jones-Christensen, L., Siemsen, E., Branzei, O. and Viswanathan, M. (online). Response Pattern Analysis: Assuring Data Integrity in Extreme Research Settings, Strategic Management Journal, DOI: 10.1002/smj.2497.
- Branzei, O., Frooman, J.S., McKnight, B. and Zietsma, C. What Good Does Doing Good Do? The Effect of Bond Rating Analysts' Corporate Bias on Investor Reactions to Changes in Social Responsibility, Journal of Business Ethics (accepted September 10, 2015).
- Cui, V., Vertinsky, I, Robinson, S. and Branzei, O. (2015), Trust in the Workplace: The Role of Social Interaction Diversity in the Community and in the Workplace, Business & Society, 1-35, DOI: 10.1177/0007650315611724
- Poldner, K., Shrivastava, P. and Branzei, O. (2015). Embodied Multi-Discursivity: An Aesthetic Process Approach to Sustainable Entrepreneurship, Business & Society, 1-39, DOI: 10.1177/0007650315576149.
- Maier, E., and Branzei, O. (in press). “On Time and On Budget”: Harnessing Creativity in Large Scale Projects, International Journal of Project Management.
- Branzei, O. and Le Ber, M. (2014). Theory-Method Interfaces in Cross-sector Partnership Research, in Social Partnerships and Responsible Business: A Research Handbook, May Seitanidi and Andrew Crane (Eds), Routledge (Taylor and Francis)
- Poldner, K. and Branzei, O. (2014). Aesthetic micro-foundations of global eco-system design, in Paula K Kyrö (Ed), Handbook for Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Development, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Branzei, O. (2014). Cultivate Hope: Found, Not Lost, in Jane Dutton and Gretchen Spreitzer (Eds), Putting Positive Leadership into Practice, Berrett-Koehler.
- Le Ber, M. and Branzei, O. (2014). Trajectory and transdisciplinarity in cross-sector partnerships, ASAC 2014 Social Responsibility Division Proceedings.
- Branzei, O., Lin, H. and Chakravarty, D. (2014). WWF’s Living Planet @ Work: Championed by HP, Ivey Publishing.
- Branzei, O. and Lodha, S. (2014). Room to Grow: Ashray Housing, Rajkot, India, Ivey Publishing.
- Raffety, R.R. and Branzei, O. (2014). Wellspring (A): Partnering for Compassion; Wellspring (B): The YMCA Partnership, Ivey Publishing.
- Hu, Y. and Branzei, O. (2013) NPI in China: Organizing for Social Good, Ivey Publishing.
- Leithwood, M., Branzei, O., and Gupta, K. (2013). SoJo (A): Modeling Social Enterprise, Ivey Publishing.
- Ivanova, O., Poldner, K. and Branzei, O. (2013) Touch and Feel: Signals that Make a Difference, Journal of Corporate Citizenship, 52: 102-130, Special Issue on Sustainable Luxury.
- Branzei, O., Camp, R. and Vertinsky, I. (2013). In Whom Collectivists Trust: The Role of (In)voluntary Social Obligations in Japan, Management and Organization Review, 9 (2): 319-343.
- Mehrotra, S. and Branzei, O. (2012). The Art of Social Entrepreneurship: Dakshina Chitra and Madras Crafts Foundation (MCF) in India, India School of Business Series, Ivey Publishing.
- Branzei, O. (2012). Social Change Agentry Work: Understanding the Hopeful (Re)Production of Social Change, In Karen Golden-Biddle and Jane Dutton (Eds), Exploring Positive Social Change and Organizations: Building a Theoretical and Research Foundation, Routledge, Taylor and Francis Group.
- Dhanaraj, C., Branzei, O. and Subramanian, S. (2011). Bayer CropScience in India (A): Against Child Labour; (B): Values and Strategy, Ivey Publishing. 2012 EFMD Award Winner
- Hull, R., Gibbon, J., Branzei, O. and Haugh, H. (Eds), 2011. Dialogues in Critical Management Studies, Vol. 1, Critical Perspectives on the Third Sector, Emerald.
- Statistics Canada Facilitated Access Researcher, the Science, Technology and Innovation Division, Survey of Innovation
- Research Fellow, University of British Columbia
- W. Maurice Young Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital Research Centre
- Business Consultant, Nebraska Business Development Center
- Labor Market Researcher, HM Department of Employment, London
- PhD Sustainability Academy
- Sustainability Certificate
- Corporations & Society
- Social Innovation
- Social Enterprise