Professor, General Management
- Executive Director, Network for Business Sustainability
- Director of the Centre for Building Sustainable Value
- Canada Research Chair in Business Sustainability
Dr. Bansal is a professor at the Ivey Business School. She is also the Director of the Centre on Building Sustainable Value and the Executive Director for the Network for Business Sustainability. In 2012, she was awarded the Canada Research Chair in Business Sustainability, and in 2008, she was awarded the Aspen's Institute title of Faculty Pioneer for Academic Leadership.
Her research interests are at the intersection of sustainability and strategy. Her TedX talk describes some of her recent ideas. She has published in the Academy of Management Journal, Organization Science, Strategic Management Journal, and the Journal of International Business Studies, among others. She has co-edited two books in Business and the Natural Environment. Her research has also been cited in the popular press including The Globe and Mail, National Post, Wall Street Journal, and The Independent. She was an Associate Editor of the Academy of Management Journal from 2010 to 2013 and has sat on eight editorial boards. Since 1999, she has successfully raised over $7.5 million in government grants and $2M in corporate funding for sustainability-related research.
Professor Bansal directs Ivey's Sustainability Leadership Program since 2011, and had directed Ivey's Management Development Program from 2008 to 2010. During her time at Ivey, she has co-authored 23 teaching case studies.
- HBA, MBA, Exec, PhD: Strategy
- HBA, MBA, MES, PhD: Sustainability
- HBA, MBA, EMBA: International Management
- DPhil, University of Oxford
- MPhil, University of Oxford
- MA, Western University
- BA (Hons), University of Calgary
- Natalia Ortiz and Pratima Bansal (forthcoming), Building Organizational Resilience through Social And Environmental Practices. Strategic Management Journal.
- Natalie Slawinski and Pratima Bansal (2015), Short on Time: Intertemporal Tensions in Business Sustainability, Organization Science. 26(2): 531-549. INFORMS President's pick, August 2015.
- Pratima Bansal, Jijun Gao, and Israr Qureshi (2014), The Extensiveness of Corporate Social and Environmental Commitment across Firms over Time, Organization Studies, 35(7): 949-966.
- Pratima Bansal and Mark DesJardine (2014), Business Sustainability: It's about Time, Strategic Organization, 12(1): 70-78.
- Taiyuan Wang and Pratima Bansal (2012) Social Responsibility in New Ventures: Profiting from a Long-Term Orientation. Strategic Management Journal. 33: 1135–1153.
- Pratima Bansal, Andrew J. Hoffman (2012), Business and the Natural Environment, Oxford University Press: Oxford, UK.
- Maurer, C., Bansal, P., & Crossan, M. (2011), Creating Economic Value through Social Values: Introducing a Culturally Informed Resource-Based View. Organization Science, 22(2): 432-448.