Watch the full recorded broadcast above.
In this time of unprecedented uncertainty, it can be difficult to know what's really going on. With conflicting reports, rumours, ever-evolving information, and opposing opinions about what the post-COVID-19 future might look like, how do you know what – or who – to believe?
In this complimentary livestream, London, Ontario's Mayor Ed Holder was joined by Kapil Lakhotia, President and CEO of the London Economic Development Corporation, and Gerry Macartney, CEO of the London Chamber of Commerce. Together they provided an update on how COVID-19 is impacting the City of London, how local government has responded, how local businesses are finding innovative ways to cope with the pandemic, and what's in store for London in the immediate future and beyond. They also answered your London-related questions live during the broadcast
Key webinar content
- The number of COVID-19 diagnoses and how the rate of infection compares to the rest of Ontario
- The three-stage approach to opening the community
- Caring for London’s most vulnerable
- A look into the City of London’s decision-making process regarding COVID-19 and the importance of maintaining a strong relationship with senior government
- The relationship between London’s task forces and local business
- How the local business community is coping, innovating, and serving the community
- London-specific resources and support
- What might recovery look like?
- Comments on how the arts and education sectors are impacted
- What individuals can do to help
“London is focused on doing this right, rather than doing it quickly. Our city has been patient because we know that it’s for the greater good.” – Mayor Ed Holder
COVID-19 Local Update, Rogers TV
London Business COVID-19 Portal
Canadian Chamber of Commerce
City of London COVID-19 (Coronavirus) information
Canadian Business Resilience Network
London Jobs Now
Pillar Nonprofit Network Volunteer Opportunities
Middlesex-London Health Unit YouTube channel
About The Ivey Academy at Ivey Business School
The Ivey Academy at Ivey Business School is the home for executive Learning and Development (L&D) in Canada. It is Canada’s only full-service L&D house, blending Financial Times top-ranked university-based executive education with talent assessment, instructional design and strategy, and behaviour change sustainment.
Rooted in Ivey Business School’s real-world leadership approach, The Ivey Academy is a place where professionals come to get better, to break old habits and establish new ones, to practice, to change, to obtain coaching and support, and to join a powerful peer network. Follow The Ivey Academy on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.