Leadership Journey: Team Accelerator
Work together as a group to accelerate performance and navigate distanced work — while encouraging individual growth across your team.
When global disruption hit and isolation became the norm, we showed that we are resilient, compassionate and — given the opportunity to shape how we work — deeply innovative. Leaders today face a dramatic wave of unknowns. There are many questions about what the world of work will look like and feel like. Will compassion, intimacy and flexibility still be valued? How will we work together as a team? Will decision-making be as expedient? When we lose the level-playing field, will every voice still matter?
Our faculty keep a close pulse on these challenges. We recognize that the puzzle pieces don’t fall into place without help. In response, we offer virtual Leadership Journeys with this transition in mind — targeted learning and development programs that tackle the mindset, skillset and behaviours key to re-engaging. These powerful, high-impact initiatives are tailored to support individuals, teams, and organizations as they reaffirm a leadership identity.
This journey focuses on your whole team; accelerating your performance together. You know that your group performance could be improved by utilizing the diverse perspectives across your team. Physical distancing may have increased the complexity of your team dynamics, but can also create new opportunities for your team to flourish. Through an inquiry and discovery process as a team, you’ll identify your own ideal state to serve your customers and other stakeholders. Learn how you need to work as a team to bridge the gap and accelerate your growth as individuals and as a whole team.
What You Learn
Build relationships with Emotional Intelligence
- Individually assess your team’s current strengths based on a research-grounded diagnostic, and reflect on your assessment.
- Identify a framework for different elements of team performance, and discuss your ambitions for the team. Clearly understand the team’s current state of performance and define a powerful future state.
- Explore the dimensions of Emotional Intelligence, and how your team’s members contribute to the team’s relationships; create a picture of your team’s relationships.
- Develop an agenda for your team’s growth through this program and beyond.
- Reflect on your own individual contribution to the team. Join a one-to-one meeting with your coach to debrief your 360° feedback.
Recognize individual needs and talents
- Build on the strengths identified in the 360° reports, and participate in a team workshop on nurturing individual members’ needs and talents.
- Develop a comprehensive view of individual contributions to the team, and how the team can grow through enhanced interaction.
- Define the operating behaviours and team norms that will propel the team into high performance to achieve future states.
Define your team purpose and character
- Building on the Motivation Factor group report and the team’s growth journey, explore and develop an aspirational team purpose.
- Applying tools and frameworks for ongoing high-performance dynamics, draft a set of operating guidelines and ways of working that excite the team.
- Identify team rituals that will energize the team and launch members towards a common vision.
- Choose key actions to practice together. How will you hold each other accountable, individually and as a team?
- Focus on how the team interfaces with external stakeholders – within the organization and outside it: how can we carry our team purpose and energy into our work across these boundaries? How can our team be a place of growth for everyone who interacts with us?
- Create a process to map progress, keep the team on track while ensuring ongoing continuous development.
- Develop a plan and a set of principles for developing the team’s habits over time, including habits of regeneration, renewal, and innovation.
- Choose how you will implement these resolutions, how you will support each other and engage support from your network.
Ivey Academy Coaching
Ivey Academy executive coaches take a blended approach to development, combining world-class coaching processes with leadership advisory services. Your coach becomes a confidential thinking and sparring partner, sharing and challenging your ideas. They help you navigate “in the moment” challenges, illuminate blind spots, and accelerate decision-making. They also help you understand yourself more deeply as you move into different career roles and stages, so you flourish where you are and prepare for what’s next.
Our coaches are selected to join an elite community because they combine deep coaching expertise across many contexts, credibility through their own practical experience, and a passion for supporting leaders’ personal development journeys. Through our Ivey Coaching Certification Program, they master Ivey’s unique experiential learning approaches, our leading-edge knowledge about business trends and frameworks, and the very latest research and assessment tools to support advanced leadership development.
How You Learn
The Ivey Academy Team Programs are designed to be delivered exclusively within one team, area group, or organization. By learning together and exploring cases as a group, you'll forge lasting relationships between colleagues and find creative ways to apply learning to your real-world business context.Learn more about the Ivey Experience