People and Performance Management
Work together with other managers to learn critical skills for people and performance leadership — finding practical approaches to real challenges.
As a people leader, the effectiveness of your team defines and signifies your own leadership effectiveness. You need to identify, attract, and hone the behaviours and talents your team needs for high performance.
People and Performance Management helps managers and people leaders to build awareness about their leadership approaches. It sets them on a path to leading for exceptional performance. Working together in a safe and supportive environment with other managers, you will learn the critical skills of people and performance leadership – and then learn to apply them right away. Through studying real-world leadership cases, behavioural simulations, and role-plays, you’ll have opportunities to practice and improve these new skills before you return to your workplace.
After the program, you will have more confidence to handle performance management issues more effectively. This program prepares you to have the tough conversations that are required of you as a people leader. You will return to your organization equipped with approaches to decision-making that propel your team forward and your organization’s performance. In Ivey’s People and Performance Leadership Program, you will discover your potential, uncover new insights, and gain the leadership skill you need to advance your career.
What You Learn
- Identify and nurture high-performance behaviours in individuals throughout your organization.
- Learn to build your team with a recruitment and hiring workshop.
Enhance your leadership
- Apply best practices to bring your team together for sustained results.
- Develop a structured action plan for continued growth and development in your personal leadership journey.
Navigate difficult conversations
- Practice difficult conversations pertaining to absenteeism and harassment.
- Gain tips and tricks for becoming a better communicator and influencer.
Manage for high performance
- Conduct effective performance management reviews, from hiring new employees to navigating terminations.
- Role-play termination scenarios with live actors to sharpen critical conflict resolution skills.
- Work with a graphic illustrator to visualize your “return-to-work” action plan.
How You Learn
The Ivey Academy Team Programs are designed to be delivered exclusively within one team, area group, or organization. By learning together and exploring cases as a group, you'll forge lasting relationships between colleagues and find creative ways to apply learning to your real-world business context.Learn more about the Ivey Experience