The Ben Graham Centre for Value Investing is holding its annual International MBA Stock Picking Competition in Toronto on April 14, 2020.
Teams from MBA schools from around the world will compete for $14,000 in cash prizes. Three finalist teams will make presentations in Toronto to a panel of distinguished value investors. On April 15, the finalist teams will attend the Ben Graham Centre’s Value Investing Conference where the winners will be announced. On April 16, the finalists will also be invited to attend the Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. Annual General Meeting at Roy Thomson Hall in Toronto, ON.
*Program not yet available
Team registration will open at 09:00 EST on October 18, 2019.
One team per school, consisting of up to three students, will need to be registered by 23:59 EST on December 6, 2019.
Attendee registration will open at 09:00 EST on December 13, 2019 and close at 23:59 EST on April 3, 2020.
‣ In the 1st round of the Competition, a list of stocks to choose from will be shared with participating schools at 08:00 EST on January 14, 2020.
‣ One team from each participating school will submit a research report of their chosen stock to the Competition Managers no later than 07:59 EST on January 31, 2020.
‣ Three teams chosen as finalists will be notified on February 18, 2020.
‣ In the 2nd round of the Competition, a new company to analyze and value will be given to each finalist team at 08:00 EST on March 26, 2020. This stock will be the same for all finalist teams.
‣ Each finalist team will submit their final PowerPoint presentation no later than 07:59 EST on April 09, 2020 to the Competition Managers.
‣ Each finalist team will then be invited to Toronto, Ontario, Canada to present their respective analyses on April 14, 2020 to a panel of distinguished value investors.
‣ The finalist teams will also be invited to attend the Ben Graham Centre’s 2020 Value Investing Conference on April 15, 2020 and the Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. Annual General Meeting on April 16, 2020, both in Toronto, ON, Canada.
‣ Each of the top three final teams are guaranteed a cash prize, with first place awarded $8,000, second place $4,000 and third place $2,000.
We would like to thank our sponsors Burgundy Asset Management Ltd., Bristol Gate Capital Partners Inc., Foyston, Gordon & Payne Inc, Peters MacGregor Capital Management, Robotti & Company Advisors and Stacey Muirhead Capital Management for their generous support in sponsoring the Competition.