The accelerated pace of technology change poses challenges, but also tremendous opportunities for those prepared to lead through disruption. Successfully capitalizing on market upheaval will positively impact your business strategy, your value proposition, and ultimately your customers.
Strategically leading through turbulent times requires business transformation, which in turn requires you to harness the methods and resources necessary for responding to technological disruption. This program will help you determine if your company is ripe for market disruption, and will show you how to recognize and profit from changes that could be affecting your business model, industry, or target audience.
Join us for one of our upcoming sessions.
Who should attend?
- Executives in positions to influence their organizations to enact positive change
- Business leaders seeking ways to better prepare for navigating disruption and the organizational transformation that comes with it
- Executives who have recently graduated from line responsibility to decision-making responsibility
What You Learn
- How and why disruption is affecting legacy industries
- Five phases of preparation that help identify and capitalize on exponential market disruption
- Tools and frameworks for diagnosing your company’s readiness to respond to disruption
- How to “disrupt yourself” by reframing your perspective, thinking, and core assumptions
How You Learn
This immersive program is heavily grounded in collaborative learning outcomes achieved through facilitated discussions, group activities, presentations, and case studies. You leave knowing exactly how you will apply your new knowledge and skills to start making an impact once you are back in the office.
If you are having a hard time imagining yourself in a classroom again, keep in mind that Ivey designs its Executive Education programs with busy leaders in mind. This engaging, interactive experience draws on the vast perspectives that you and your classmates bring to the program. Our real-world method of learning is not about textbooks and lectures: it’s about learning by doing. You will take on real challenges faced by real companies to gain practical hands-on experience. You will also come away with new knowledge and ideas that are directly applicable to your business and that will have immediate impact.
Preparation and Background
- Interrupting disruption: The changing role of leadership, The Globe and Mail: May 2017.
- The Case for the “Humble Incumbent”: Preparing for Disruption in Legacy Organizations, Paul Kinsinger, Lee Ann Del Carpio, Karen Walch, Ph. D.,and Andreas Schotter, Ph. D., Clair-Buoyant Leadership, LLC, Inner Power International, and Practical Intellect: July 2017
A dual Canadian and German citizen, Andreas Schotter is an Assistant Professor of International Business and the Faculty Director of Ivey’s MSC in Management program. He also serves as Ivey’s Academic Director of the CEMS Global Alliance Masters in International Management program. Dr. Schotter has lived in Canada, Europe, Asia and the USA and holds permanent resident status in Hong Kong. As an international business expert he helps executives and organizations understand the challenges and opportunities posed by the ever increasing turbulences in the global economy. He specializes in how to think strategically and drive the agile decision-making that will prevail in today’s volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous business world. His current areas of endeavour include the development of strategies for business system disruption and investigations into boundary-spanning leadership capabilities in global organizations. Dr. Schotter’s research has been published in leading academic and practitioner journals including the Academy of Management Journal, the Journal of International Business Studies and the MIT Sloan Management Review amongst others. He has authored numerous book chapters, cases, and a book on strategic management frameworks. In addition to his academic work Dr. Schotter collaborates closely with leading multinational corporations from North America, Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America on emerging market strategies and international leadership development.
Where You Learn
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This state-of-the-art facility is located in the heart of Toronto’s Financial District and provides the perfect backdrop for executive courses.