- Consumer Search
- Drug Pricing
- Online Retailing
- To search for publications by a specific faculty member, select the database and then select the name from the Author drop down menu.
Guneet Kaur Nagpal is an Assistant Professor in Marketing at the Ivey Business School. Guneet’s research interest lies in using econometric techniques to model consumer and firm decisions in imperfect information environments, with the objective of providing insights to managers and policy makers. In her dissertation, she develops consumer search and haggling models to quantify the economic value of effort cost of automobile shoppers at the information search stage. In another research project, she models the pricing decisions in the pharmaceutical industry for prescription drug launches and quantifies the effect of marketing and R&D efforts on pricing power of the firms.
Prior to joining Ivey, Guneet completed her PhD at University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
When not conducting research, Guneet enjoys spending time with her son and husband. She loves to read, bike and hike. She seeks to explore the most beautiful biking and hiking trails across Canada with her family. She feels strongly about plight of female education in the lesser developed countries and is making small efforts to contribute in that direction.
- PhD – University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA
- Master of Business Economics – University of Delhi, New Delhi, India
- Bachelor of Science (Physics Hons.) – Panjab University, Chandigarh,India
Honours & Awards
- Fellow, AMA-Sheth Doctoral Consortium, University of Iowa, 2017
- Winner, Wharton Customer Analytics Initiative (WCAI) Research Proposal Competition, 2015
- Young Researcher Finalist Award, European Society of Opinion and Market Research Congress, 2012
- Manager – Innovation Practice Division, Nielsen BASES, New Delhi, India (2010-2013)