- Sustainable Supply Chain
- Behavioral Operations Management
- Game Theory
- Energy Efficiency
- To search for publications by a specific faculty member, select the database and then select the name from the Author drop down menu.
Jason Nguyen is an Assistant Professor in the Operations Management and Sustainability groups at Ivey. Prior to joining Ivey, Jason was a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) at the UNSW Business School, University of New South Wales, Sydney Australia and was a founding faculty at the College of Business and Management, VinUniversity Hanoi, Vietnam. He holds a Ph.D. in Supply Chain and Operations Management from the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, US. M.Sc. in Operations Management from Singapore Management University and B.Eng in Computer Engineering from Nanyang Technological University.
Jason’s research aspiration is to contribute academic insights for the movement toward a global circular and sustainable economy that minimizes the consumption of resources, energy, and emissions. In his research, Jason utilizes tools from game theory, optimization, behavioral experiments, econometrics, and big data analytics to rigorously conceptualize and analyze how firms’ sustainable choices (configurations and operational decisions), as well as the resulting performance and profitability, are influenced by organizational antecedents and external factors (regulations, policies, incentive mechanisms, supply chain relationship and other stakeholders’ behaviors and perceptions). The primary research objective is to provide managerial insights that guide and inform the development and implementation of more effective environmental policies and incentive schemes. His research papers have been published in prestigious peer-reviewed journals including Management Science, Manufacturing and Services Operations Management and Environmental and Resource Economics.
- PhD in Supply Chain and Operations, 2018, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- MSc in Operations Management, 2011, Singapore Management University, Singapore.
- BEng in Computer Engineering, 2005, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Work in Progress
- Tseng, CL., W. Huang, S. Kirshner, J. Nguyen. “Impact of Consumers’ Peer-Induced Pride and Guilt on Closed-Loop Supply Chains: Policy Implications” – under revision for resubmission to Manufacturing & Service Operations Management (1st round Major Revision).
- Nguyen, J., Q. V. Le, J. Ha. “Impacts of Health and Safety Concerns on E-Commerce and Service Reconfiguration during COVID-19 Pandemic: Insights from an Emerging Economy” – under 2nd review at Service Science (1st round Major Revision).
- Shah, R., G. Ball, J. Nguyen. “Quick to Respond or Slow to Learn: An Empirical Examination of Product Recall Responsiveness” – under revision for re-submission to Management Science (Reject and Resubmit).
- Nguyen, J., K. Donohue, M. Mehrotra. “Supporting Supplier Competitiveness in High Energy Price Environments: The Role of Industry Targeted Policies” – under revision for re-submission to Manufacturing & Service Operations Management (Reject and Resubmit)
- Donohue K., J. Nguyen, B. Pourghannad. “Encouraging a Supplier's Energy Efficiency Investment through External Assessment Assistance: A Behavioral Investigation” (equal contribution) – under revision. (Finalist for the Junior Scholar Paper Competition at the POMS 2020 College of Behavioral Operations )
Honours & Awards
- Lead Article, “Capacity Management in Agricultural Commodity Processing and Application in the Palm Industry” – Manufacturing & Service Operations Management 19(4): 551 - 567.
- Finalist for the Junior Scholar Paper Competition at the POMS 2020 College of Behavioral Operations – “Encouraging a Supplier's Energy Efficiency Investment through External Assessment Assistance: A Behavioral Investigation”.