- To search for publications by a specific faculty member, select the database and then select the name from the Author drop down menu.
Laurel Steinfield (BComm, MSc, DPhil) is an Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship at Ivey Business School, University of Western. Her work focuses on inequities and explores (social) innovations/enterprises that can improve livelihoods.
She has over 15 years of experience working in and with social enterprises/entrepreneurs, and conducting research that examines gender lens impact investing, entrepreneurship in Eastern/Southern Africa, women economic empowerment initiatives, and solutions to improve climate resilience among vulnerable communities.
As a transformative consumer research scholar and former Associate Professor of Marketing at Bentley University (USA), she views social innovations/enterprises as a key mechanism with which to address intersectional injustices and to achieve the sustainable development goals.
- PhD, Theoretical Contributions and their Evolution in Marketing & Consumer Behavior, Bentley University
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Marketplace, Bentley University
- Doing Market Research for Social Impact, Bentley University
- Marketing for Non-Profits and Social Enterprises, Bentley University
- Essentials of Marketing Strategy: Insights, Design and Impact, Bentley University
- Introduction to Marketing and Operations, Bentley University
- Graduate-level Consumer Behavior, Bentley University
- MBA Culture & Global Markets, University of Oxford
- MBA Introduction to Marketing, University of Oxford
- New Venture Project
- Innovating for Impact (MSc)
- The Art of Social Entrepreneurship (HBA)
- DPhil (PhD), University of Oxford, Management Research, UK
- MSc, University of Oxford, Management Research, UK
- BCOMM Honors, Queen University, Canada
Honours & Awards
- Responsible Research in Business & Management Honor Roll for article, Steinfield et al. (2021) Across time, across space, and intersecting in complex ways: a framework for assessing impacts of environmental disruptions on nature-dependent prosumers. Journal of Public Policy & Marketing, 40(2), 262-284.
- Worshipful Company of Marketors Award for outstanding DPhil dissertation
- SeeHer and AEF's Education Module for Improving Representation of Women and Girls in Advertising, Intersectionality Module Co-creator (2021-present)
- Empowering Women Together Research Project, Co-Investigator (2013-2016)
- University of Oxford, Institute for Science, Innovation & Society, Research Assistant (2010-2011)
- Harvard University, Center for International Development's Entrepreneurship Finance Lab Study, African Project Coordinator (2008-2009)
- Business Partners Ltd (Venture Capital Firm), Researcher (2007-2008)
- Matchboxology (social enterprise), Project Manager (2006-2007)
- Canada's International Institute of Sustainable Development Internship at the African Institute of Corporate Citizenship (South Africa) (2005-2006)
- The Best Small & Medium Employers in Canada, Project Support Coordinator (2005)
- Business Development Bank of Canada, Coordinator, Consulting Services (2003-2004)