- Interpersonal Trust and Cooperation
- Trust in Electronic Commerce
- Social Psychology of Mediated Communication
Mahdi Roghanizad, Ph.D. is an Adjunct Research Professor at Ivey. He completed his doctoral studies at the University of Waterloo under the supervision of Vanessa Bohns from Cornell University. Before pursuing his Ph.D. Mahdi finished his Master of Applied Science in Trust and Electronic Commerce under the supervision of Efrim Boritz. Mahdi explores Social Psychology of Mediated Communication by conducting in-lab experiments. It is safe to conclude his focus is at the intersection of IS and OB. Currently, he studies the effect of Media on Persuasion, Interpersonal Trust, and Cooperation. Those involve Perspective taking and Social Prediction after a short mediated interaction with a partner.
His work has been published in Computers in Human Behavior, Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, and Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, and featured in the Harvard Business Review. More details are found here.
- Organizational Behaviour
- Introduction to Business
- Information Technology for Management
- Electronic Commerce
- Ph.D., University of Waterloo
- M.A.Sc, University of Waterloo
- M.B.A., Azad University
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology
Works in Progress
- White, R.E., Neufeld, D. & Roghanizad, M. M. Predicting Cooperativeness: Media Matter.
- Roghanizad, M. M. Why friends seek for help via email? Overconfidence in computer-mediated persuasiveness among friends.
- Roghanizad, M. M. Why Do Help-Seekers Choose to Ask Over Email? Embarrassment and its Effect on Medium Selection
- Roghanizad, M. M. Navigation Path and Online Trust Formation.
Honours & Awards
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS), University of Waterloo, 2013-2014.
- President Graduate Scholarship, University of Waterloo, 2013-2014.
- Graduate research studentship, University of Waterloo, 2012-2016.
- Visiting Graduate Student, Ivey Business School, Western University, 2014 – 2016.
- Research Assistant, Department of Management Sciences, University of Waterloo, 2012 - 2016.
- Research Assistant, Ivey Business School, Western University, 2011.
- Research Assistant, School of Accounting and Finance, University of Waterloo, 2009.
- Project Manager, Iran System Co., Iran, 2002-2003.
- Marketing Manager, Doosan Corp., Iran, 2003-2008.