- Artificial intelligence
- New media
- To search for publications by a specific faculty member, select the database and then select the name from the Author drop down menu.
Mengxia Zhang is an Assistant Professor in Marketing at the Ivey Business School, Western University, Canada. Mengxia’s research focuses on artificial intelligence and new media. In her job market paper, she uses machine learning methods to investigate whether consumer-posted photos can serve as a leading indicator of restaurant survival above and beyond reviews and other known factors. This paper is published at Management Science, and it won the 2018 ISMS Doctoral Proposal Competition Award and the 2018 Shankar-Spiegel Award Runner-up. In her other papers, she has studied the topics of consumer-AI co-creation and knowledge sharing.
Prior to joining Ivey, Mengxia completed her Ph.D. at the University of Southern California (USC). At USC Marshall, she has been granted a Ph.D. Student Outstanding Researcher Award for her research excellence and was nominated for the Ph.D. Student Teaching Award for her teaching excellence. In her spare time, Mengxia enjoys photography.
- Ph.D.: Marketing – University of Southern California
- Master: Management – Peking University; Finance – Hong Kong University
- Bachelor: Economics and Laws– Peking University
Honours & Awards
- 2020 AMA-Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Fellow
- 2019 USC Marshall Ph.D. Student Outstanding Researcher Award
- 2018 ISMS Doctoral Proposal Competition Award Winner
- 2018 Shankar-Spiegel Award Runner-up