- To search for publications by a specific faculty member, select the database and then select the name from the Author drop down menu.
Patricia Helena Hein is an Assistant Professor of Sustainability at the Ivey Business School. Her research focuses on the interplay of organizations and society. Specifically, Patricia explores how organizations may perpetuate pressing societal issues – such as inequality or climate change – but also how they can bring about societal change. In addition, she focuses on sustainable finance and impact investing. Prior to pursuing an academic career, Patricia worked in asset management for more than a decade. Most recently, she was an Executive Director at Goldman Sachs, advising clients on equity, fixed income, and alternative investments.
- Ph.D. (Dr. rer. pol.), Business Administration – EBS Universität für Wirtschaft und Recht, Germany
- M.Phil., Innovation, Strategy and Organisation – University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- B.Sc., Business Administration (Hons.) – University of Groningen, Netherlands
Recent Refereed Articles
- Hein, P. H.; Ansari, S., 2022, "From Sheltered to Included: The Emancipation of Disabled Workers from Benevolent Marginalization", Academy of Management Journal, June 65(3): 749 - 783.
Honours & Awards
- Winner, EGOS Best Paper Award 2021
- Winner, EGOS Best Student Paper Award 2020
- Top 3 Finalist, EGOS Best Paper Award 2020
- German National Academic Foundation (Studienstiftung), GER
- Whittaker Scholarship, Christ’s College, University of Cambridge, UK
- Vice President, Goldman Sachs, Asset Management, Sales (2019–2022)
- Associate, Goldman Sachs, Asset Management, Sales (2016–2018)
- Analyst, Goldman Sachs, Asset Management, Sales (2013–2016)