- Sexual Harassment
- Sexual Harassment/Diversity Training
- Gender & Diversity in Organizations
- To search for publications by a specific faculty member, select the database and then select the name from the Author drop down menu.
Dr. Shannon L. Rawski is an Assistant Professor of Organizational Behavior in the Ivey Business School at Western University. Prior to joining the Ivey Business School, Dr. Rawski was an Assistant Professor of Management & Human Resources at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. Dr. Rawski earned her Ph.D. in Management with specializations in Organizational Behavior and Organizational Theory from the Sam M. Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas. She also holds an M.A. in Management from the University of Nebraska – Lincoln and a B.S. in Psychology from Bowling Green State University.
Dr. Rawski researches several topics related to gender and diversity issues in organizations. Her primary area of research is sexual harassment in organizations. Specifically, Dr. Rawski is interested in employees’ interactional framing and interpretations of social sexual behaviors at work and how those behaviors can devolve into legally actionable sexual harassment over time. Dr. Rawski also researches the effectiveness of sexual harassment and diversity training programs. In particular, she has interest in employees’ motivation to participate in and learn from these training programs and how their reactions to the training session affect training outcomes. Dr. Rawski also explores the effect of new training designs (e.g., bystander training, narrative training) and training technologies (e.g., virtual reality) on the outcomes of sexual harassment and diversity training.
Dr. Rawski has published her research in peer-reviewed academic journals such as Academy of Management Review, Journal of Organizational Behavior, the Journal of Social Issues, Human Resource Development Quarterly, and Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied, among others. She also founded and co-organizes a Virtual Research Consortium of academics and practitioners interested in research on sexual harassment and social sexual behavior in the workplace.
- HBA Leading People in Organizations
- Ph.D. in Management, University of Arkansas
- M.A. in Management, University of Nebraska – Lincoln
- B.S in Psychology, Bowling Green State University
- Assistant Professor of Organizational Behavior, Ivey Business School, Western University (2021 – Present)
- Assistant Professor of Management & Human Resources, College of Business, University of Wisconsin Oshkosh (2015 - 2021)