Assistant Professor (part-time), Information Systems
Tony J. Read has over 25 years of international IT leadership experience, within: High Tech, Computing, Telecommunications, Finance, Banking, Government and Retail industries. Throughout his career, Tony has led and successfully implemented key corporate initiatives, contributing millions of dollars to the top and bottom line. He established Read & Associates in 2002, an international IT management and program/project delivery consultancy practice. The aim of the company is to provide IT value-based solutions, realizing stakeholder economic value and network advantage. Key concepts which are presented in his new book: The IT Value Network: From IT Investment to Stakeholder Value, published by J. Wiley, NJ. (www.readassociates.net).
Prior to establishing Read & Associates, he served as CIO and IT senior vice president within several international corporations, including CIBC, CCI and Nortel. Dr Read is a dual U.K. -U.S.A citizen, residing in Canada, but calls his home Ontario. He loves Rugby and theatre, but not at the same time! He also is a regular traveler for speaker engagements or just to broaden perspectives and have fun.
The Vision = IT VALUE and the Mission = VALUE IT.
- Trent University - System Analysis and Design
- Ryerson University - eBusiness
- Ph.D. Information Systems
- M.Ed. Organization Development/Change Mgmt
- B.Sc. Management Science
- D.I.S Industrial Studies
Honours & Awards
- Upsilon Pi Epsilon, Honor Society in the Computing Sciences, elected 2004
- READ & ASSOCIATES - MANAGING PARTNER - U.S. - Canada - U.K. (Current and past clients include: Telus, HP, Indigo, Kobo, Brinks/Threshold, Meridian Credit Union, Convergys, Chicken Farmers of Ontario)
- The NATIONAL SKILLS ACADEMY FOR IT - CEO - London, U.K.
- CANADIAN IMPERIAL BANK OF COMMERCE (CIBC) - SVP (T&O) - U.S. & Canada
- CONVERGENCE COMMUNICATION (CCI) - CIO/SVP IT - Miami, U.S.
- NORTEL NETWORKS - VP IT - U.S. & U.K.
- REUTERS - Group Manager, International Business Development, Voice Products - London, UK.