Warren Thomas Ritchie is an Assistant Professor of Information Systems and Strategy at the Ivey Business School. Prior to his appointment at Ivey, he was a Fellow with CGS Advisors LLC, a boutique Strategy and Innovation advisory firm that he cofounded. CGS clients’ represented multiple industries in North America and Europe seeking support on strategy, managing information technology and adopting new technologies, in particular Connected Technologies (IoT).
Prior to CGS Advisors, Dr. Ritchie had a long career with the Volkswagen Group of Companies working with the importer and manufacturing subsidiaries operating in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and South Africa.
Dr. Ritchie lead the Corporate Strategy function within two separate subsidiaries and his final role for four years was as Chief Information Officer of the US and Canadian subsidiaries. Earlier in his automotive career he worked in the functional areas of sales, marketing and finance.
Dr. Ritchie is the co-author of the book, “Competing in the Connecting World” as well as an author of several business cases and articles. His current research interests involve clarifying the capability gaps within firms necessary to commercialize new technologies.
- Ivey Field Project: Client (MBA)
- Strategy: (HBA, Two Sections)
- Digital Platform Implementation (MSc)
- Digital Innovation Laboratory (MSc)
- PhD, Strategy, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- MBA, Dalhousie University at Halifax, Nova Scotia
- BA, Queen’s University at Kingston, Ontario
Work in Progress
- Project: Firm Inertia in Adopting New Technology
- Project: Business Models in Managing Conservation
- Project: Entropy within Firm Capability Profiles
- Fellow CGS Advisors LLC
- Chief Information Officer (Volkswagen Group of America)
- Director, Region Americas IT Governance (Volkswagen AG)
- Director, Strategic Projects and Program Management Office (Volkswagen of America)
- Executive Director, Strategy (Volkswagen Group of America)
- Director, Corporate Strategy (Volkswagen Group Canada)
- Manager, Product Planning and Research (Volkswagen and Audi Canada)