Arrive in London
If you travelling to Canada by air, we suggest you make Toronto (not London) your final destination. There are a variety of options to get to London from the Toronto airport, including bus, train, and car.
London is located approximately a two hour drive southwest of Toronto. London is also a two hour drive north of the United States border.
You can catch a connecting flight from Toronto to London's airport. From the London Airport you can take a taxi to London's downtown/university area.
The cost of the taxi is approximately $25-$35 plus tip (usually 10-15% of the price charged). Some taxi companies have discounted rates for students. When booking your taxi, ask the company if they have a discounted rate.
You can also get to the University by car by following Oxford Street west. Turn right (north) on Richmond Street. Turn left (west) on University Drive at Western's main gates.
A less expensive alternative to flying into London airport is to take an airport bus service from Toronto to London. This service is provided by RobertQ. They also service Detroit Metropolitan Airport.
A one-way ticket from Toronto to London on the RobertQ airbus costs approximately $54.62 for students (you must have proof of student status - a letter of acceptance or a student card). You don't have to make reservations ahead of time, but they do recommend it.
At Toronto airport, RobertQ can be found in Terminal 1 and 3 at the ground transportation desk. In Terminal 2, which is the international terminal, you can find a RobertQ desk outside of the area where you pick up your luggage.
RobertQ Airbus & Courier
105 Wharncliffe Road South, London, ON
Telephone (reservations information): 519-673-6804 Tel: (toll free from Canada & USA): 1-800-265-4948 Fax: 519-679-5406
From the East or South on Highway 401
- Follow Highway 401 to Wellington Road/Exeter Road Exit (#186).
- Take the Wellington Road branch and head north, passing through downtown, to Pall Mall street.
- Turn west (left) onto Pall Mall and proceed one block to Richmond Street.
- Turn left onto University Drive at the University Gates.
From the West
- Follow Highway 401 to Wonderland Road Exit.
- Take Wonderland Road to Wharncliffe Road. Turn right (north) on Wharncliffe Road.
- Follow Wharncliffe Road north past Oxford Street, where it turns into Western Road.
- Follow Western Road past Sarnia Road to the University Gates at Lambton Drive.
- Turn right (east) onto campus.
From the North
- Follow Highway 4 south to the Richmond Gates on University Drive.
Driving in Ontario
If you intend to drive in Canada, you should obtain a valid International Driver's License in your country before coming to Canada. It will be valid for 60 days from the day you enter the province. After 60 days, an Ontario driver's license is required.