The Centre is committed to addressing health care’s “innovation adoption deficit” and the lack of highly trained leaders and change agents who understand that innovation improves productivity and who have the specialized skills necessary to drive and sustain change in both the private sector and in our publicly funded health care institutions.
Student Analyst Positions
The Centre hires Work Study Students who will be responsible for supporting the team members at the Centre. These positions have an educational component consisting of Lunch and Learns with current leaders in the health care sector.
The Student Analyst positions are a fantastic opportunity for highly motivated individuals with a keen interest in the dynamic health care industry. Research Analyst positions are offered to students with a passion for learning, and the professional ability to produce significant results.
- Research responsibilities, including literature reviews and primary research;
- Data collection, entry and analysis;
- Support in preparation of research proposals and protocols;
- Support in writing cases and reports;
- Thought pieces that will be published on the Centre's website
- Workshop and program development, including preparation of learning materials.
- Interest and knowledge of the business and/or health care sector;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team;
- Highly organized and attentive to detail;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Strong customer service, relationship management, rapport building and interpersonal skills;
- Skilled in time management and the ability to prioritize;
- Professional in presentation and demeanour;
- Proficiency in computer software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.);
- Eligible for the work study program (applicable to positions September to April);
- Previous research experience is considered an asset.
Victoria WiebeSummer Research Analyst, 2016
"My time at the Ivey International Centre for Health Innovation has granted me invaluable exposure to the business of healthcare. Working on projects for clients and having the opportunity to investigate areas of healthcare where innovation is needed has been rewarding, productive, and motivating to continue my pursuit towards a healthcare management career."
Obaidullah KhanSummer Research Analyst, 2016
"Working at the Ivey International Centre for Health Innovation has been an amazing learning experience for me, as it has helped me better understand the considerations that a healthcare professional would have vis-à-vis a health manager. I’m sure this would serve as an invaluable asset once I start my work at the hospital."
Emma PearsonSummer Research Analyst, 2016
"Working as a Summer Research Analyst at Ivey's Centre for Health Innovation I was able to combine my interests for healthcare and business while gaining experience in this field. The diverse projects and fast-paced environment have enabled me to gain a vast amount of knowledge in the business healthcare sector and develop better research skills."
Moyi ZhangSummer Research Analyst, 2016
"Working at the centre has been a great learning experience and it’s really exciting seeing innovative solutions in the works."
For more information on our student employment opportunities, please contact the Centre at email@example.com