The East Meets West MBA Leadership Case Competition is a collaboration between Ivey’s Ian O. Ihnatowycz Institute for Leadership and the Canadian Centre for Advanced Leadership in Business at the Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary. The competition alternates being hosted between London, Ontario and Calgary, Alberta.
East Meets West aims to be the premier leadership competition in Canada. The competition challenges team members to work through live business cases that challenge the fiscal demands of a good business with the ethical demands of good leadership and how they can be used together to further business goals.
The intent of the competition is to support the advancement of leadership research in business schools across Canada and give students the opportunity to network with top MBA students and faculty across Canada in a positive learning environment, as well as professionals from the business community.
Congratulations to Matthew Borgford, Tanis Brako, Carlos Kan and Emily Sanders from the University of Manitoba's Asper School of Business for winning the 2019 East Meets West MBA Leadership Case Competition.
- Booklet contains: competition schedule, rules & regulations, maps, contact information, judges bios, etc.
2020 Competition Details
Date: February 6-8, 2020
Location: Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta
Other Important Details:
- Each team must consist of four current MBA students
- Only one team per university allowed
- Each team will participate in two rounds, each with a different case
- Round 1 is a Mixed Team Case. Students will be divided into new teams made up of MBA participants from other schools.
- Round 2 is the University Teams Case. Students will be given a case to solve and present with their home team.