About the Program
The Advanced Entry MBA (AEMBA) is a deferred admission program that offers a guaranteed pathway to the Ivey MBA while you pursue the necessary work experience. It is designed for students who meet the typical admission requirements for Ivey’s full-time MBA program, but have not yet worked the number of years required of direct MBA program applicants.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
If you have just completed your final year of undergraduate studies, you could be eligible for Ivey’s prestigious Advanced Entry MBA program. This program is intended for a person who:
- is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada;
- has attended a recognized Canadian university; and
- has completed an Honours degree program.
To be considered for admission to Ivey’s Advanced Entry MBA Class of 2021 (entering March 2020), you must have completed all degree requirements between October 2016 and May 2017.
Final admissions decisions are pending official transcripts showing degree being conferred (indicating graduation date).
This program is also open to HBA graduates from Ivey to apply for advanced entry into the Accelerated MBA Program.
How It Works
Apply to the Advanced Entry Ivey MBA program during the final year of your undergraduate program.
If admitted as an Advanced Entry MBA, you have guaranteed admission to the Ivey MBA Program following a 2 to 4 year deferment period of quality, substantive work experience.
Work Experience/Career Management Check-Ins
While you gain work experience, you will have access to Ivey Career Management who will offer coaching and mentoring and formal event opportunities. You will also have early access to a pre-MBA community.
Begin the MBA Program
Choose when to matriculate in the program after 2 to 4 years of work experience.
How and When to Apply
The deadline to apply is January 8, 2018 for entry into the MBA program in 2020. You are welcome to apply before this date - applications will be assessed as they are received.
STEP 1. The application is done entirely online. Application components include:
- $50 application fee
- Undergraduate Transcript
- GMAT or GRE Score
- Current and/or anticipated employment
- Summer/co-op/part-time employment
- Volunteer and extracurricular involvement
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (professor, employer, coach, mentor, campus leadership)
- Online application submission, including:
- 2 Written essays
- Video essays
STEP 2. Following submission of a completed application, a candidate may receive an invitation to interview.
- Ivey conducts interviews by invitation only
- All candidates successfully admitted to the Advanced Entry program are interviewed
- Chosen candidates receive further detail regarding expectations and preparation tips within the interview invitation
Current tuition amounts for the MBA program can be found here. Keep in mind that tuition typically increases by a small percentage each year.