- MBA [With Distinguished Performance], Industrial Management Institute, Tehran, Iran- 2010
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Azad University, Central Tehran Campus, Iran- 1997
Refereed Academic Publications
- Chapardar, H. (2016) Tackling sustainability tensions pragmatically: Implications of paradoxical thinking. In John Humphreys (Ed.), Proceedings of the Seventy-sixth Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management.
- Chapardar, H. and Khanlari, R. (2011). Iranian corporations and corporate social responsibility: An overview to adoption of CSR themes, SAGE Open, November. [online]. Available from: SAGE Journals Online. DOI: 10.1177/2158244011430988.
Selected Conference Presentations
- Chapardar, H. (2016) Tackling sustainability tensions pragmatically: Implications of paradoxical thinking. In: The 76th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Anaheim, CA, USA.
- Bansal, T., Sharma, G., Chapardar, H. and Desjardin, M., (2016) Time and sustainability. Professional Development Workshop (PDW). In: The 76th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Anaheim, CA, USA.
- Chapardar, H. (2016) Tackling sustainability tensions pragmatically: Implications of paradoxical thinking. In: Ivey Sustainability Conference, London, ON, Canada.
- Chapardar, H. and Khanlari, R. (2010) Corporate social responsibility in an Iranian context: identification and prioritization of CSR themes for a better contribution. In: The 9th Annual Colloquium of European Academy of Business in Society (EABIS), Saint Petersburg, Russia, September.
- Chapardar, H. (2005) Systemic approach and an introductory pathology of supply chain in Iran automotive industry. In: The 2nd SAIPA Engineering Services Conference, Tehran, Iran, November.
- Chapardar, H. (2004) The pathology of management system audits, in: The 1st SAIPA Engineering Services Conference, Tehran, Iran, February.
- Chapardar, H. (2003) Supply chain and managerial quality obsession, in: International Conference of Iran Automotive Industry, Tehran, Iran, July.
Certificate of Appreciation and cash prize
Teaching Cases and Case Studies
- Chapardar, H. (2015) YU Ranch: Growing a sustainable business (Ivey Case# 9B15M038 and Teaching Note# 8B15M038), Under the supervision of professor Rod White.
- Chapardar, H. and Bansal T. (2015) Long-term investment based on values: 3M Canada. In: long-term thinking in a short-term world- A Guide for Executives. Network for Business Sustainability.
- Chapardar, H. and Bansal T. (2015) Easing the Transition to Sustainability: BASF. In: long-term thinking in a short-term world- A Guide for Executives. Network for Business Sustainability.
- Chapardar, H. and Bansal T. (2015) Understanding Tradeoffs through Structured Decision Making: BC Hydro. In: long-term thinking in a short-term world- A Guide for Executives. Network for Business Sustainability.
Other Publications in Business
- Bansal, T., Chapardar, H., and Gehman, J. (2016) Tradeoffs in sustainability-oriented innovations, MIT Sloan Management Review Blog, February. [online] Available from: http://sloanreview.mit.edu/article/tradeoffs-in-sustainability-oriented-innovations/
- Khanlari, R. and Chapardar, H. (2010) CSR in Iran: A general view to perception of top corporations, Direct Lille Magazine, Édition Spéciale, November. [online]. Available from: World Forum Lille.
- Chapardar, H. et al. (trans.) (2010) ADKAR, from: Hiatt, J.M. (2006) ADKAR: A model for change in business, government and our community: how to implement successful change in our personal lives and professional careers. Tehran: Ney Publications.
- Chapardar, H. (2002) 10 attributes of an efficacious management consultant, Automotive Industry Magazine, 55, pp. 13-16.
Teaching Experience in Brief
- 2011-2012 Ad hoc Instructor at IMI, Executive Management Program (Course: Sustainable Business).
- 2002-2010 Ad hoc Instructor, Executive training courses, various organizations (Courses included: Strategic Management, Change Management Using ADKAR Model, Total Quality Management (TQM), Quality Management Systems Audit, etc.)
Main Business Experience
- 2006- 2012 Chief Strategy Officer, Barfab Co. (household appliances manufacturer), Tehran, Iran
Responsibilities: leading Strategy Department to design company’s long-term plans and help the CEO achieve them.
- 2010-2012 (Part time) Board of Directors’ Consultant in Strategy, Road Film Co. and Merh Nama Co (advertising and communication agencies), Tehran, Iran
Responsibilities: Providing consult to the Board and top management team to develop and implement strategies of these two sister companies.
- 2000-2006 Consultant, Instructor, and Executive, Airia Pras Co. (business consulting and industrial engineering service provider), Tehran, Iran
Responsibilities: Business Analyst, Management System Consultant, Training Director, Quality Lead Auditor, and Management Rep in QMS.
- 1997-2000 Writer and Art Critic, different publications
Awards, Grants, and Honors
- Silk Graduate Scholarship, 2016-2017
- PhD Scholarship, Ivey Business School, 2013-2017
- Certificate of Honor for acquiring "one of the most brilliant academic records among all graduates in IMI Master's Programs", 2010
- Certificate of appreciation and awards for providing a significant paper, Supply Chain and Managerial Quality Obsession, International Conference of Iran Automotive Industry, 2003