- Master of Arts in Strategy and International Management, University of St. Gallen
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, University of British Columbia
Dissertation title: “Subnational, regional, digital: Contemporary perspectives on internationalization”
This three-essay dissertation aims to advance internationalization process research in three key areas: Subnational analysis (Essay 1), regionalization (Essay 2), and digitalization (Essay 3). 3).
- Stallkamp, M., Pinkham, B., Schotter, A. & Buchel, O. (forthcoming) “Core or periphery? The effects of country-of-origin agglomerations on the within-country expansion of MNEs”. Journal of International Business Studies. DOI:10.1057/s41267-016-0060-x.
- Schotter, A., Stallkamp, M. & Pinkham, B. (forthcoming) “MNE headquarters disaggregation: The formation antecedents of regional management centers”. Journal of Management Studies. DOI: 10.1111/joms.12285.
- Stallkamp, M. & Schotter, A. (2017) “The effect of the subnational environment on IJV stability”. Accepted for presentation at Academy of International Business Annual Conference, Dubai (U.A.E.).
- Stallkamp, M., Pinkham, B., Schotter, A. & Buchel, O. (2016) “Core or periphery? Subnational locations in international market entry and expansion”. Presented at Journal of International Business Studies special issue conference, New Orleans (USA).
- Schotter, A., Stallkamp, M. & Pinkham, B. (2016) “Structural dimensions of MNE HQ disaggregation”. Presented at Journal of Management Studies special issue conference at Vienna University of Business and Economics, Vienna (Austria).
- Stallkamp, M., Schotter, A., Pinkham, B. & Buchel, O. (2015) “Core or periphery? The characteristics and effects of subnational MNE location decisions in China”. Presented at the 3rd International Business, Economic Geography, and Innovation (iBEGIN) Conference at Temple University, Philadelphia (USA).
- Stallkamp, M., Schotter, A. & Pinkham, B. (2015) “Sequential market entry and subnational differences”. Presented at Academy of International Business Annual Conference, Bengaluru (India).
Published teaching cases
- Stallkamp, M., Plummer, L. & Schotter, A. (2016) “Forked River Brewing Co.: Craft beer entrepreneurship in an evolving industry”. With teaching note. Ivey Publishing (product number 9B16M102).
- Global Strategy (MSc 9004)
Selected Awards and Honours
- Best Reviewer Award, Academy of International Business Annual Meeting, 2017
- Chisholm Doctoral Scholarship, Ivey Business School, 2014–2018
- Ontario Trillium Scholarship for Doctoral Study in Canada, Government of Ontario, 2014–2018