PhD (anticipated completion 2021), Ivey Business School
Conference Participations & Proceedings
- "Digital Currencies & Cryptocurrencies as Alternative Providers of Institutional Trust", with Nuruddin Ahmed & Jean-Philippe Vergne. Scheduled to present and be part of proceedings at the 24th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), New Orleans, USA, Aug'18.
- Best Paper in Track (Strategic IT) Award
- "Digital Alternatives as Providers of Institutional Trust: Evidence from a Natural Experiment", with Nuruddin Ahmed & Jean-Philippe Vergne. Part of proceedings at 78th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management (AOM), Chicago, USA, Aug'18.
- "In .Gov We Trust? Institutional Trust Ambivalence Following Demonetization in India", with Nuruddin Ahmed & Jean-Philippe Vergne. Presented and part of proceedings at the 34th Colloquium of the European Group for Organizational Studies (EGOS),Tallinn, Estonia, Jul'18.
- "Sensemaking through Digital Channels: A Tale of Two Banks", with Ning Su. Presented and part of proceedings of the first Academy of Management Specialized Conference: Big Data and Managing in a Digital Economy (AOM BigData), Surrey, UK, Apr'18.
- "Trust Ambivalence and the Growth of Digital Alternatives Following Demonetization in India", with Nuruddin Ahmed & Jean-Philippe Vergne. Presented at the First Annual FinTech Conference, Toronto, Canada, Oct'17
- "Organizational Support for Innovative Use of IT: A Slack Resources Perspective", with Yasser Rahrovani. Presented and part of proceedings of the 23rd Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), Boston, USA, Aug'17.
Professional Development & Other Workshops
- Qualitative Comparative Analysis (QCA) for IS Research (Methods Workshop), Association for Information Systems, New Orleans, USA, Aug'18
- Advanced Techniques for Web-Scraping (Methods Workshop), Academy of Management Specialized Conference - Big Data and Managing in a Digital Economy, Surrey, UK, Apr'18.
- Organization and Management Theory division’s Writing & Reviewing Workshop (PDW), Academy of Management, UBC, Vancouver, Canada, Feb'18
- Qualitative Comparative Analysis (QCA) for IS Research (Methods Workshop), Association for Information Systems, Boston, USA, Aug'17
- Advanced Regression Analysis (Methods Workshop), Ivey Business School, May'17
- Advanced Teaching Program (Teaching Workshop), Teaching Support Centre, Western University, May'17
- Statistics Bootcamp (Methods Workshop), Ivey Business School, Aug'16
Prior Professional Experience
HDFC Bank Ltd., India
- Sub-unit Head & Assistant Vice President, Branch Control Unit, Corporate Office, Mumbai (Dec'15 - Jul'16)
- Branch Operations Manager, Ahmedabad (Dec'10 - Nov'15)
- Zonal Coordinator & Analyst, Zonal Office, Ahmedabad (Jun'09 - Nov'10)
- Teller Authorizer, Rajkot/Morvi Branches (Sep'06 - May'09)
ICICI Bank Ltd., India
- Teller Authorizer, Bhuj Branch (May'05 - Aug'06)
Claris Lifesciences Ltd., India
- Executive, Business Planning & Analysis (Apr'04 - Apr'05)
- Master of Business Administration, B K School of Business Management, India
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering, Dharmsinh Desai Institute of Technology, India
- Anti-Money Laundering and Know Your Customer (Dec 2013), Indian Institute of Banking & Finance, India
- Certified Associate Indian Institute Of Banking & Finance – CAIIB (Dec 2009), Indian Institute of Banking & Finance, India