What is a Postdoctoral Scholar?
The University defines a Postdoctoral Scholar as an individual who meets the following criteria:
- the individual completed his or her doctoral degree within three years of the appointment;
- the appointment is time limited, with the possibility of a one-year renewal;
- the appointment is viewed as preparatory for a full-time academic or research career;
- the appointment involves full-time research and scholarship;
- the individual will work under the supervision of a faculty mentor and often as part of a larger research team; and,
- the individual is encouraged and expected to publish the results of his or her independent research during the period of the appointment.
Postdoctoral Employment Opportunities
These are the current Postdoctoral Scholar opportunities open at Ivey:
For Postdoctoral Opportunities offered at Western, click here
For Faculty Career opportunities, click here