September 10, 2018
Peter Bell (Emeritus) was awarded Emeritus Member status with the Canadian Operations Research Society (CORS), at the annual meeting recently held in Halifax. An Emeritus Member with CORS is required to have already been awarded the CORS Eldon Gunn Service Award and the CORS Award of Merit. Peter has previously earned both: the Service Award in 1987, and the Award of Merit in 2007.This prestigious designation acknowledges the member’s significant contribution to the field of operations research and to CORS. Congratulations Peter!
Published Refereed Articles
Branzei, O., Parker, S., Moroz, P.W., Gamble, E., 2018, Going pro-social: Extending the individual-venture nexus to the collective level, Journal of Business Venturing, September, 33 (5): 551-565.
Connors, S.C., Anderson-MacDonald, S.A.M., Thomson, M., 2017, Overcoming the ‘Window Dressing’ Effect: Mitigating the Negative Effects of Inherent Skepticism Towards Corporate Social Responsibility, Journal of Business Ethics, 145 (3): 599-621.
Cui, V., Vertinsky, I., Robinson, S., Branzei, O., 2018, Trust in the Workplace: The Role of Social Interaction Diversity in the Community and in the Workplace, Business and Society, 57 (2): 378-412.
Dang, C.D., Li, Z.F., Yang, C., 2018, Measuring Firm Size in Empirical Corporate Finance, Journal of Banking & Finance, January, 86: 159-176.
Estrin, S., Meyer, K.E., Pelletier, A., 2018, Emerging economy MNEs: How does home country munificence matter?, Journal of World Business, June, 53 (4): 514-528.
Gu, Y., Liu, M., Naoum-Sawaya, J., Crisostomi, E., Russo, G., Shorten, R., 2018, Pedestrian-Aware Engine Management Strategies for Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 19 (1): 92-101.
Hannouf, M.B., Winquist, E., Mahmud, S.M., Brackstone, M., Sarma, S., Rodrigues, G.B., Rogan, P. K., Hoch, J.S., Zaric, G.S., 2018, The clinical significance of occult gastrointestinal primary tumours in metastatic cancer: A population retrospective cohort study, Cancer Research and Treatment, 50 (1): 183-194.
Legenvre, H., Gualandris, J., 2018, Innovation sourcing excellence: Three purchasing capabilities for success, Business Horizons, 61 (1): 95-106.
Li, Z.F., Lin, A., Sun, S., Tucker, A., 2018, Risk-adjusted inside debt, Global Finance Journal, 35: 12-42.
Lyon, T., Delmas, M., Maxwell, J.W., Bansal, P., al., E., 2018, CSR Needs CPR: Corporate Sustainability and Politics, California Management Review, August, 60 (4): 5-24.
Mahjoub, R., Odegaard, F., Zaric, G.S., 2018, Evaluation of a pharmaceutical risk-sharing agreement when patients are screened for the probability of success, Health Economics, 27 (1): e15-e25.
Monzani, L., Zurriaga, R., Espí-López, G.V., 2018, Anxiety and the severity of Tension-Type Headache mediate the relation between headache presenteeism and workers’ productivity, PLoS One, July, 13 (): 1-16.
Rahrovani, Y., Pinsonneault, A., Austin, R.D., 2018, If You Cut Employees Some Slack, Will They Innovate?, MIT Sloan Management Review, 59 (4): 47-51.
Taylor, K. (PhD Candidate), Vachon, S., 2018, Empirical research on sustainable supply chains: IJPR’s contribution and research avenues, International Journal of Production Research, 56 (1-2): 950-959.
On A Practical Note...
ROLA System Tips
Here are a few refreshers for navigating your way past the initial proposal entry screen you see when choosing the NEW ROLA button on the Funding Opportunities Page.
- For best results do not use Safari. Please use Firefox, Chrome, Edge or Internet Explorer to prevent budget errors.
- Please do not create more than one proposal per application. If you start a proposal and cannot complete it in one sitting, please do not use the New ROLA button, as that will start another proposal. Use the Maintain ROLA link at the top left of the Funding Opportunities listing. This will bring you to the search page where you can search for any existing proposals you have created.
- Please make sure you choose the renewal option if you are renewing your existing Discovery grant. Please use the Letter of Intent option for competitions where you may be invited to move on to the next level. (example Foundation Stage 1)
- Please only enter the portion of the budget you expect to receive from this particular sponsor. If you are submitting a CRD or other partnered program application, enter the amount requested from NSERC in one proposal, and the amount request from the industry partners in another.
- Once you have submitted your proposal, you can check on the approval status here: Grants (ROLA II) > Proposals > Approval Status Review
ROLAhelp (ext. 83136) is available from 8 AM to 4:30 PM to assist with any difficulties.