Blockchain & Crypto | Vancouver, BC | Founded: 2013 | Employees: 34 | www.vanbex.com
Last updated November 29, 2018 | To download a PDF version, click here.
The Vanbex Group specializes in consulting, communications and development for blockchain businesses. Vanbex combines deep business insight with a strong understanding of how blockchain technology can impact existing business infrastructure and operations. Developing blockchain and cryptocurrency businesses since 2013, Vanbex has become hyper-specialized in building out the elements of a successful client strategy: a compelling product use case, clear demonstration of the technology, and a robust and engaged community.
Lisa Cheng: Founder & Head of R&D, The Vanbex Group (2013-Present); Founder, Etherparty (2015-present). Previously: Communications, Ethereum (2016); Business Development, Mastercoin (2014); Large Enterprise Account Executive, SAP (2010-2011); Inside Sales for Small/Medium Business, ADP (2008-2010). Education: Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, University of Victoria (2003-2007).
Kevin Hobbs: CEO (2015-Present). Previously: Corporate Trader, FIRMA Foreign Exchange (2015); Business Development Associate, FIRMA Foreign Exchange (2014-2015); Field, Ensign Energy Services (2010-2014); Vice President of Sales and Marketing, DealSoftware.com (2009-2010); Day Trader, Swift Trade (2005-2008). Education: Kinesiology and Exercise Science, Douglas College (1999-2001); Business Administration and management, General, Dalhousie University (2001-2003).
The Vanbex Group was established in 2013 as a strategic communications organization, and has since evolved into a professional services firm that specializes in all aspects of the Blockchain industry. In August 2016, Vanbex launched Etherparty, a subscription model product for easy creation of Ethereum smart contracts. In November 2016, Vanbex launched Genisys, a private blockchain solution for financial services and foreign exchange firms.
In May 2017, Vanbex raised C$500,000 (US$365,474) in its seed round of financing from Boris Mann and Adrian Jonklaas.
Key Corporate Developments
May 17, 2017: Vanbex Group Raises C$500,000 in First Seed Round
Aug 05, 2016: Blockchain Revolution Comes to Canada, Vanbex Partners NetCents
Jun 23, 2016: Vanbex Group Expanding into Blockchain-Based Products
Jan 18, 2016: Tendermint Gets Ready for Launch, Partners With Vanbex Group
Vanbex work with companies who have already considered the potential for blockchain technology to innovate the way they do business.
- Vanbex Marketing: It provides marketing and communication for companies and leverage the right blockchain-specific channels and media to create momentum sets the companies up for success.
- Vanbex Ventures: Vanbex Ventures is a multi-faceted firm bringing together strategic resources to enable the next generation of successful startups. By September 2018, Vanbex Ventures has raised $50 million funding through 25 ICOs for 45 companies.
- Etherparty: Etherparty is a subscription model product for easy creation of Ethereum smart contracts. It is a user-friendly deployment platform that allows anyone to create smart contracts on multiple different blockchains on Ethereum or bitcoin with no coding necessary.
- Genisys: Genisys is a private blockchain solution for financial services and foreign exchange firms. It will offer a turn-key transaction messaging system for cross-border payments that can be integrated with the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT), the network that enables financial institutions around the world to send and receive information about financial transactions in a secure and standardized format. It replaces the existing financial infrastructure with a more secure, efficient, and cost-effective solution.
The Vanbex Group provides comprehensive consulting and software development solutions to help companies and customers navigate this fast-growing industry. From management consulting, software application development, communications strategy, smart contract auditing, and blockchain market research, Vanbex assists companies and projects at any stage of growth.
Vanbex can assist at any stage in a company's growth. Its services include Consulting and Strategy, Marketing and Communications, Blockchain and Smart Contract Technology, ICO Fundraising and Investment Marketing. Additionally, Vanbex builds products specifically for industries that have come to them looking for solutions.
Vanbex has been in the blockchain industry for several years and has worked with over 70 companies. It has built a track record of helping client build their blockchain companies.
This surge in interest and demand for blockchain technology has given rise to the emergence of many blockchain consultancy firms. Some of them are Toronto based, for example:
- MLG Blockchain – (Toronto, ON) MLG Blockchain is a global consulting and development firm that builds solutions using blockchains and smart contract technology. MLG provides end-to-end solutions for startups, enterprise and government clients.
- Blockchain Mind – (Toronto, ON) Blockchain Mind is a Toronto based Blockchain consulting firm which provides security and infrastructure solutions for Cryptocurrencies as well as Distributed Ledger Technologies for individuals and companies.
Corporate Profile Created By: Hao Shen, HBA2 Ivey Exchange 2019