Lending & Credit | Calgary, AB | Founded: 2015 | Employees: 11 | www.lendingarch.ca
Last updated December 20, 2018 | To download a PDF version, click here.
LendingArch is an online lending platform based in Calgary, Alberta that utilizes its technologies to assess and create personalized loan options for borrowers. LendingArch sources home insurances, consumer, car, commercial loans from its vast networks of financial institutions.
Apostolos Hadzoglou: President (2017-Present). Previously: Senior Manager of Finance Strategy & Operations, ATB Financial (2010-2015); Senior Advisor Finance, Suncor Energy (2008-2010); Senior Credit Underwriter, ATB Financial (2006-2008); Senior Personal Banker, First Calgary Financial (2002-2006); Financial Service Manager, Bank of Montreal (2000-2001). Education: BA, International Relations and Affairs, University of Calgary; MBA, University of Maine/Nova Southeastern University.
Arti Modi: Co-Founder (2015-Present). Previously: Managing Director, OmniArch (2003-2015). Education: BA Economics & Psychology (2003), University of Calgary.
Rick Unrau: Co-Founder (2015-Present). Previously: CEO & President, Pinnacle Wealth Brokers EMD (2011-2014); President & CEO, Global Exempt Market Solutions (2007-2011); COO, Shift Networks (2004-2006); Director of Corporate Services, Bell (2001-2004); Director of Client Services, JAWZ (2000-2001). Education: B.Mgmt, University of Lethbridge.
In 2015, Arti Modi was working at OmniArch and saw an opportunity to create lending platform that allows users to browse for personalized loan options. In April 2016, LendingArch launched its online lending platform to provide affordable loans to Canadians. In September 2018, LendingArch launched LendingArch Care to allow users to apply for mortgage loans, car loans, insurance and credit card offers. In August 2018, LendingArch expanded its credit card comparison division and partnered with financial institutions such as American Express and BMO.
LendingArch is internally funded by the co-founders and friends.
Key Corporate Developments
Aug 2, 2018: LendingArch Expands Credit Card Division With Top Financial Brands Such as Home Trust and Bank of Montreal Allowing Canadians to Compare Rates for the Nation's Top Credit Cards for Personal and Business Use in Canada
Jun 26, 2018: LendingArch Reveals New Technology That Allows Canadians to Quickly Compare Rates for Personal Loans, Business Loans, Car Loans, Credit Cards and Insurance
Apr 11, 2016: LendingArch Launches Digital Finance Platform for a New Generation
LendingArch leverages its platform to target two lines of business:
- Lenders – LendingArch leverages its proprietary technology to assess credit risk of each borrowers and matching borrowers to lenders from its network. By conducting risk for lenders, LendingArch streamlines the lending process and assists lenders on finding new opportunities.
- Borrowers – LendingArch utilizes its platform to create personalized loans options from its network of financial institutions and allowing borrowers to look for competitive rates across the board.
- Credit Cards: LendingArch assists borrowers on finding their “right” credit card. Using its technology, LendingArch can assess credit risks and creates a comparison tool for borrowers. This tool allows borrowers to customize their credit cards whether they are looking for travel rewards points, air miles, Aeroplan miles, cash back rewards, credit rebuilding cards or US dollar cards.
- Personal Loans: LendingArch provides personal loans to borrowers. It uses its technology to assess borrowers’ needs, applications, and creditworthiness. Afterwards, borrowers are provided a list of personalized loans for comparison and selection.
- Home Insurance: LendingArch partnered with Square One Insurance to provide home insurances to Canadians. Quotes and insurance policies can be obtained by calling Square One Insurance or completing an application on its website.
- Commercial Loans: LendingArch provides commercial loans by utilizing its technology to assess business’ needs and creditworthiness. Thereafter, businesses are provided loans options for comparison and selection.
- Car Loans: LendingArch provides car loans to borrowers by assessing borrowers’ budget, annual income and vehicle to create a list of personalized loans for comparison and selection.
- Build my Credit: LendingArch partnered with Refresh Financials to allows Canadians to rebuild their credit ratings. A loan is placed within a financial institution, then Refresh Financials create affordable payment schedules to allow the borrower to repay this outstanding loan and build their credit rating.
LendingArch leverages its proprietary underwriting and behavioral technology to enables itself to process large volumes of mortgage, car, consumer and commercial loans. Using its network of partnered financial institutions and its technology to assess credit risk, LendingArch sources loans options for borrowers.
LendingArch serves Canadian businesses and consumers through a network of financial institutions, including Home Trust, American Express and Bank of Montreal, etc., to allow borrowers to browse through loan options.
LendingArch uses social media advertisements, such as YouTube and Twitter, to raise brand awareness.
LendingArch was one of the first online lending platforms in Canada, but there are several up-and-coming lending services, for example:
- Lending Loop – (Toronto, ON) Lending Loop is an online peer-to-peer lending service that provides commercial loans through its network of lenders.
- iCapital – (Toronto, ON) iCapital is an online lending services that provides term loans and merchant cash advances to businesses.
Corporate Profile Created By: Patrick Ou, Ivey HBA Candidate 2019