Ivey/ARCS 12th Annual PhD Sustainability Academy
Event Dates: November 14-17, 2019
Application Deadline: August 31, 2019
“I learned the most from listening to the feedback given to all of the other papers... listening to all of the feedback was my favorite part of the academy and has already had a significant impact on the way that I have been approaching new projects.”
-- Jennifer Wang, 2015 Academy Participant and PhD Candidate at Emmett Interdisciplinary Program, Stanford University
What is the Academy?
The PhD Sustainability Academy, co-hosted by the Ivey Business School and Alliance for Research on Corporate Sustainability (ARCS), convenes 15 promising PhD students and senior researchers championing path-breaking research on sustainability across multiple disciplines using diverse theoretical and methodological approaches. Each student receives intensive feedback on their research project. The participants and faculty members represent a range of management disciplines and methodologies. This Academy represents one of the foremost learning and networking events for students researching social and environmental issues.
The PhD Sustainability Academy includes interactive paper development workshops with guest faculty:
- Oana Branzei, Ivey Business School, Western University
- Caroline Flammer, Questrom School of Business, Boston University
- Joep Cornelissen, Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Anita McGahan, Rotman School of Business, University of Toronto
- Tyler Wry, Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania
- Jeff York, Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado Boulder
Applicants should submit:
- An online application form, available here.
- A manuscript of their paper (can be a working manuscript)
The submission deadline is August 31, 2019. Full submission guidelines can be found here. The selection committee includes ARCS Board Members and former faculty and alumni of the Ivey PhD Sustainability Academy.
All local expenses are covered by the Beryl M. Ivey Fund. Invited participants are responsible for their own travel.