Ivey Pre-Admission Status (Ivey AEO)
The Ivey Advanced Entry Opportunity (AEO) extends conditional, pre-admission status to the HBA Program to exceptional secondary school students.
Ivey AEO status is available to students who choose to study at Western or one of its affiliated university colleges (in a faculty of their choice) for their first two years of university.
Approximately 2/3 of our Ivey HBA class are formerly Ivey AEOs, the remaining 1/3 are students from Western and other universities who discover an interest in business during their first two years of study.
What we look for in our Ivey AEO applicants
A competitive Ivey AEO application includes:
- 90%+ average in your final year of secondary school
- Completion of a mathematics course for university-bound students
- Demonstrated leadership in extracurricular activities, community involvement, and work experience.
Why a Second-Entry Level Program?
In your first two years, you can study in any faculty or program. This opportunity to gain new life experiences ensures that you and your HBA classmates bring diverse and more seasoned perspectives to your business education.
Maintaining Ivey AEO Status
To progress to the Ivey HBA Program in third year, Ivey AEO students need to:
- Enroll at Western or one of the Affiliated University Colleges for Years 1 and 2 with a full course load (5.0 full courses) during the regular academic year (September – April) in each year;
- Achieve an overall two-year average of 80.0% in 10.0 full university credits (5.0 in each year) in any faculty in any program with no failed courses;
- Enroll in a module and take a minimum of 2.0 of the required courses for that module plus Business Administration 2257 in Year 2;
- Take all senior (2000 and higher) level courses in Year 2 including Business Administration 2257. Permission to register for a first-year course in Year 2 will be granted by the HBA Program Services Office only under special circumstances;
- Achieve no less than 70% in Business Administration 2257 taken between September and April of Year 2; Given the participative nature of the HBA program and its case-based learning methodology, students are strongly encouraged to demonstrate a satisfactory level of class contribution in Business Administration 2257;
- Complete the equivalent of a Grade 12 U-level mathematics course, if not taken during secondary school;
- Continue involvement, achievement, and leadership in extracurricular activities in Years 1 and 2;
- Adhere to all student code of conduct regulations at their respective institutions. Violations of such codes will be considered as part of the admissions process;
- Complete an Ivey AEO Update form between Years 1 and 2 so that Ivey can provide feedback on progression to date; and,
- Complete the Ivey AEO Intent to Register form in Year 2 to confirm intention to join the Ivey HBA Program in Year 3.
Students may be required to participate in an online video interview as part of their HBA Intent application.
Ivey Business Courses for First and Second Year Students
At Western, pre-Ivey business courses are offered to students in their first and second year.
Apply for Ivey AEO Status
To apply for Ivey AEO status:
- Apply for admission to Western through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) at http://www.ouac.on.ca/
Choose any academic program or module at Western for your first two years of university study. Please ensure you indicate your intention to apply for the Ivey AEO status on your OUAC application by clicking 'yes' on the radio button stating 'Ivey Advanced Entry Opportunity'. The Ivey AEO is a status rather than a program choice you make and requires you to complete a separate application (see below).
- Create a Username and Password to begin or update your application.
Achieving Ivey AEO status is a separate decision and notification process from your admission to Western.
The Ivey AEO application deadline is January 13, 2016.
We do not accept late applications.