Watch the full recorded broadcast above.
We often hear that “history repeats,” but how do we predict the post-COVID recovery? Will we see another Roaring Twenties, driven by booming consumer demand and new technologies? We welcome Janet Bannister, HBA '92, Managing Partner at Real Ventures, and Kevin O’Brien, HBA '93, President and GM of WW Canada, for a discussion of what the rebound could look like for Canada.
In this session:
- 0:08 Introduction
- 2:35 Panelists
- 3:35 Responding to economic uncertainty
- 12:00 Tech and startups in Canada
- 15:45 Operating with a digital-first mindset
- 21:55 Investment and capital post-COVID
- 24:40 The climate for startups
- 31:00 Investor attitudes to risk
- 34:20 Women tech entrepreneurs
- 37:35 Will we see consolidation in tech?
- 43:10 Valuing companies in the tech bubble
- 45:25 How executive skillsets are changing
- 50:00 Is Canada set up for long-term success?
- 53:55 Will the tech industry help with recovery?
About The Ivey Academy at Ivey Business School
The Ivey Academy at Ivey Business School is the home for executive Learning and Development (L&D) in Canada. It is Canada’s only full-service L&D house, blending Financial Times top-ranked university-based executive education with talent assessment, instructional design and strategy, and behaviour change sustainment.
Rooted in Ivey Business School’s real-world leadership approach, The Ivey Academy is a place where professionals come to get better, to break old habits and establish new ones, to practice, to change, to obtain coaching and support, and to join a powerful peer network. Follow The Ivey Academy on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.