Practice the essential skills you need to enhance your leadership with data. Work more effectively with data professionals and accurately interpret data insights for decision-making.
Organizations today have easier access to more data than ever before. For leaders, this presents new opportunities to enhance knowledge and create value for their organizations. But simply having data doesn’t lead to immediate solutions. To realize the true potential of their data, all leaders need the skills to correctly frame problems, identify data needs, and manage data-led processes.
Data-Informed Leadership gives you the tools to confidently integrate data collection, evaluation, and analysis for decision-making in any business context. Through interactive case discussions, you will learn to interpret data, present information in an accessible way, work more effectively with data professionals, and use analyses to forecast outcomes.
Connect with expert Ivey faculty, interact with diverse peers to find best practices, create an action plan to apply learning in your role, and bring a data-centric lens to leadership in your team, department, or organization.
Who Will Benefit
Data-Informed Leadership is designed for leaders at all levels, in any function or industry, who need to think critically about data, work with data professionals, evaluate analyses, and draw insights from data to drive sound strategic decisions in their team, department, or organization. Typical participants include individuals in Manager, Director, VP, or C-Suite roles.
What You Learn
Making decisions with data
- Recognize when and where data can offer insights to drive strategy.
- Avoid common pitfalls in how organizations collect and use data.
- Build habits to confidently support your day-to-day decisions with data.
Working effectively with data professionals
- Ask the right questions in the right way to get valuable answers.
- Evaluate the accuracy of the analysis presented to you.
- Assess data in all forms, building comfort in your data fluency.
Communicating using data
- Encourage a data-driven culture in your organization.
- Manage key stakeholders using compelling visualization and storytelling.
- Anticipate and answer critical questions raised by data.
The total learning time commitment for this program is 25.5 hours between live sessions and interactive self-paced modules.
Ivey Digital Leader Certificate
Data Informed Leadership is eligible for your Digital Leader Certificate pathway. Click here to learn more and view additional program options.
How You Learn
Data-Informed Leadership is deeply experiential, grounded in case research, and facilitated by expert faculty from Ivey Business School. Through practical application and real-world cases, you’ll work with peers across industries to build new skills, gain crowdsourced wisdom, and plan a clear strategy to implement best-practices around data at work.Learn more about the Ivey Experience
Return on Investment
- Earn a credential from Ivey Business School. Your Data-Informed Leadership digital badge is linked to a unique URL, allowing you to showcase your advanced proficiency in online profiles.
- Receive discounts on select programs, exclusive event invitations, and curated collections of thought leadership and research from Ivey Business School.
- Expand your professional network with diverse new connections and join an exclusive Ivey alumni community.
- Explore new perspectives while taking time for mindfulness, reflection, and practice away from the demands of your day-to-day. Return to work with the increased confidence to use data effectively in your approach to leadership.
- Adopt insights from various sectors, industries, and organizations, borrowing best practices and new perspectives from outside your organization to jump-start innovation.
- Implement an Action Learning Project for your organization or team, applying your learning throughout the program to real-world challenges and opportunities. This approach solves real problems facing organizations and amplifies your return on investment.
- Share new perspectives, frameworks, and research from Ivey with your team to build a greater sense of collaboration and cohesion.
- Help your organization build the culture and capabilities to collect and use data for more informed decision-making.
The program fee covers all materials. Program fees are tax-exempt.
Applications must be submitted no later than 14 days before the start of the program.
Online programs are delivered through a blend of live interactive virtual sessions with Ivey faculty facilitators and self-paced learning modules. Each module guides you through videos, cases, and exercises that help you prepare for and reflect on your learning. You’ll then participate in a live online class to discuss and apply your new knowledge with peers and faculty. All components of virtual programs are required for participants.
Organizations and participants in Canada may benefit from the Canada Job Grant or the Canada Training Credit to offset a portion of program fees. Visit our Funding Resources page to learn more.
Seats in programs may be reserved for a limited time pending availability. Contact a program advisor to request a reservation. A program application must then be confirmed within 15 business days, and no less than 30 days before the program start date.