Ivey Action Learning Studio
Work 1-to-1 with an expert Ivey faculty advisor to implement a real-world project for your organization. Apply your learning to drive measurable impact at work.
The Ivey Action Learning Studio Project is a unique, high-impact executive development experience designed to propel your professional growth and deliver transformative results for your organization. Working one-to-one alongside an expert Ivey Business School faculty advisor, you’ll develop a ready-to-implement plan around a real-world project, challenge, or opportunity in your role at work. Your faculty advisor brings their extensive expertise and research-backed knowledge into your individual context, tailoring the learning experience to suit your specific needs and ambitions. This hands-on methodology ensures you don’t just learn in theory, but also in practice.
Your Studio Project is more than a program; it's a catalyst for change. It takes the guesswork out of innovation and strategic decision-making, delivering actionable insights you can apply immediately and effectively. By the end of the program, you will have developed a robust, well-structured plan and the knowledge, skills, and confidence to put it into action. Through self-paced online exercises, customized advisory sessions, and guided peer learning, apply your learning at Ivey to create tangible value for your organization’s future.
Who Will Benefit
The Ivey Action Learning Studio Project can be tailored to create immense value for leaders, managers, and executives at any level. Whether you are leading a change initiative for your team or tackling a new strategic priority for your organization, the project prepares you for success with personalized feedback and insights.
Structure and Requirements
Identifying the opportunity
- Select a project focus with input from your leader and peers at work.
- Work with your faculty advisor to scope your project — from defining a problem statement to mapping your objectives. Get personalized advice on how to align the project to your immediate strategic priorities and performance goals.
Developing your plan
- Work independently to complete a draft plan using our customized Action Learning Project framework.
- Complete online self-paced learning activities to refine your plan, identify critical success metrics, overcome barriers, and map key interest groups.
- Check in with your leader to ensure alignment and hear early input.
- Connect with your Ivey Academy alumni peers to discuss gaps and additional opportunities for improvement.
- Present a draft plan to your faculty advisor for customized feedback.
Driving sustainable change
- Present your completed plan to your leader and peers at work. Collect input, then use those ideas to iterate on your project with our framework.
- Work through self-paced online sustainment resources on communication, storytelling, and change management.
- Apply your combined learning to create a final Action Learning Project submission. Receive notes from your faculty advisor and complete follow-up steps to begin implementation.
- Complete an optional coaching extension with an Ivey Coach, trained through our Ivey Advanced Coaching Certification.
The recommended learning commitment is approximately 6 hours per week over 8 weeks.
How You Learn
The Ivey Action Learning Studio Project is an applied, interactive learning project that turns insights into action. You'll work with an Ivey faculty advisor, complete self-paced online activities, share best practices with peers, and use our framework to design a successful action plan.Learn more about the Ivey Experience
Return on Investment
- Become your own case study by working with an expert Ivey faculty advisor to overcome “in the moment” challenges, illuminate blind spots, and accelerate decision-making.
- Elevate your decision-making readiness and strategic thinking capabilities to find new opportunities for value creation within your organization.
- Explore new perspectives while taking time for mindfulness, reflection, and practice.
- Expand your professional network and build deep connections with Ivey Academy alumni peers.
- Develop leadership capability while implementing real-world opportunities and creating immediate organizational value.
- Accelerate innovation and strategic transformation to stay competitive and drive growth.
- Adopt insights and best practices from Ivey faculty, industry experts, and other organizations to jump-start new ideas.
- Explore contemporary research on critical business issues to navigate ongoing disruption in the business landscape.
The Ivey Action Learning Studio is delivered through 1-1 faculty consultations, self-paced online work, and iterative cycles with your peers and leader. Depending on the scope of your project, you should plan to dedicate at least 4-6 hours per week over an 8-week timeframe.
You may choose to complete an Action Learning project as a standalone initiative. If your project area involves specific expertise around inclusion, sustainability, or digital transformation, completing a related offering in our suite of Programs for Individuals is recommended.
Organizations and participants in Canada may benefit from the Canada Job Grant or the Canada Training Credit to offset a portion of program fees. Visit our Funding Resources page to learn more.