Ivey Executive Program
Lead in the changing business landscape of the future. Think strategically, cultivate talent, and develop practical solutions to the real-world challenges facing your organization.
Leading people in a chaotic business landscape needs a new approach. For executives entering senior leadership roles, that means thinking strategically about the big picture for an organization; finding new ways to encourage innovation, coach emerging talent, and manage complex change over time.
The Ivey Executive Program is how you prepare for that next leadership level. Attracting a diverse cohort of leaders from across Canada and around the world, the program guides participants through cutting-edge cases, virtual group simulations, and Ivey-certified executive coaching. You’ll practice implementing strategy, influencing others, leveraging diversity, and empowering teams – while using self- and peer assessments to better understand your personal motivations as a leader. Throughout the program, explore and discuss real-world scenarios with Ivey faculty, guest speakers, and senior executives from across all industries, building a network of peers and connections that persists long after.
Who Will Benefit
The Ivey Executive Program is designed for senior executives with advanced experience leading people, teams, and major projects. Leaders who join the program are proactively seeking to refresh and update their leadership skills – often having been identified for succession and promotion opportunities within their organizations.
Participants commonly include individuals in Senior Director, VP, SVP, C-suite, Controller, Regional or General Manager, President, and Managing Partner roles from a variety of industries and sectors. Click here to read more about the class of 2023.
What You Learn
- Develop insight into rapidly changing market dynamics: customer needs and preferences; competitive landscapes; and industry structures, value chains, and ecosystems
- Assess your organization’s competitive advantage: battle test capabilities, identify resource gaps, and develop a view of what it will take to sustain success
- Develop sophisticated knowledge of both traditional and new organizational forms
- Partner externally through alliances and other forms of cooperation
Innovation, Agility, and Change
- Develop the skills and confidence to bring an entrepreneurial mindset into an established organization to drive innovation and renewal
- Learn how to recognize and discover new business opportunities, assess their potential, and bring them to market
Enable, Empower, and Engage People
- Enable teams to drive innovation and value creation; develop leaders who consistently raise their teams’ capabilities
Leadership Presence and Growth
- Develop new approaches to connect with those around you in meaningful and authentic ways
- Communicate with confidence and professionalism in boardrooms, client meetings, virtual connections, or large presentation halls
- Learn who you are as a leader by using self-assessments, peer assessments, and executive coaching from experienced executive coaches – both during and after the program
Learning Embedded in Action and Practice
Measure ROI and drive change in your organization throughout the Ivey Executive Program experience. LEAP projects give you an immediate context to apply takeaways from the program. By referencing a specific challenge in your role at work throughout the program, you’ll have the opportunity to build an action plan with objective feedback from other leaders. Following the program, coaching and other sustainment tools help you take measurable steps towards solving your challenge.
Ivey-Certified Executive Coaching
Our coaches deeply understand the challenges of today’s complex business environment, developing one-to-one partnerships with executives. Through our certification program, Ivey Coaches master our unique experiential learning approaches and stay connected with leading-edge business trends and frameworks. With diverse backgrounds across the private sector, government, and non-profit organizations, our coaches deliver firsthand insights on modern leadership challenges.
During the program, your coach becomes a confidential thinking and sparring partner, sharing and challenging your ideas. You'll work with your executive coach to understand and interpret the results of a SIGMA Radius 360 assessment using contributions from your peers and direct reports at work. You already know Ivey’s proven, real-world case method. Working with Ivey Executive Coaches, you are your own case study.
How You Learn
The Ivey Executive Program is deeply experiential, grounded in case research, and facilitated by expert faculty from Ivey Business School. Our real-world approach to learning for senior executives is about learning by doing. You'll finish the program with new skills, crowdsourced wisdom, and a clear strategy to tackle specific challenges back at work.Learn more about the Ivey Experience
Return on Investment
- Earn a credential from Ivey Business School. Your Ivey Executive Program digital badge is linked to a unique URL, allowing you to showcase your advanced proficiency in online profiles.
- Form lifelong connections with peers through learning and social events. The Ivey Academy alumni network is a long-term resource for participants to share business opportunities or seek advice on life and career challenges.
- Become your own case study by working with Ivey-certified executive coaches.
- Explore new perspectives while taking time for mindfulness, reflection, and practice away from the demands of your day-to-day. Return to work with an open mind and increased confidence to be effective in your role.
- Receive discounts on select programs, exclusive event invitations, and curated collections of thought leadership and research from Ivey Business School.
- Complete self and peer assessments to build a deeper awareness of your personal approach and leadership style.
- Advance your personal pathway for leadership development, enhance your long-term contribution to organizational success, and invest in planning for succession.
- Gain insights from across various sectors, industries, and organizations, borrowing best practices and new perspectives from outside your organization to jump-start innovation.
- Implement an Action Learning Project for your organization or team, applying your learning throughout the program to real-world challenges and opportunities. This approach solves tangible problems facing organizations and amplifies your return on investment.
- Share new perspectives, frameworks, and research from Ivey with your team to build a greater sense of collaboration and cohesion.
- Elevate your decision-making readiness and strategic thinking capabilities to find new opportunities for value creation within your organization.
- Conduct field site visits and hear from industry guest speakers to draw learning from real-world organizations and experts.
- Enhance your company culture with progressive approaches to inclusive leadership.
- Drive effective change management and innovation to keep your organization competitive and future-oriented.
Select Participating Organizations
Associate Professor, Entrepreneurship
Professor, Organizational Behaviour
Associate Professor, Finance
Assistant Professor, Management Communications & General Management
Lecturer, Operations Management
Associate Professor, Marketing
The interactive learning, through roleplaying, setting up teams, and walking through the story, you really felt you were participating in the case as if you were making decisions yourself. To run through what the actual outcome was and to see how it turned out, that really stuck as far as learning material.Steve Renaud, General Manager, CenterLine (Windsor) Limited
Life changing!Rohit Coonjah, General Manager, Massy Industries
A fantastic learning experience that is tailored to leaders around the globe. This course provides a truly unique leadership deep dive.Gary Smith, Senior Director, Operations, ATCO Power
While the program may be intense, the learning is exceptionally relevant – the Ivey Executive Program made a lasting impact on me personally. Regularly I consider the lessons learned from IEP and apply it to the strategy and daily operations of my current organization.Frank van Poeteren, Chief Commercial Officer (CCO), INCONTROL Simulation Software
(The Ivey Executive Program) forces you to think about your role in a dynamic business environment and how to adapt in order to lead effectively. The best part of the experience is that you leave with the requisite tools to find solutions for (your) various stakeholders.Damion Hylton, Managing Director, JN Cayman
This program will challenge and stretch you to be the best leader possible. If you are looking for a program that you can coast through with little effort, then this is not that program. The faculty is some of the best that you can find anywhere and they actually care. The case study method is a refreshing way to learn. Real companies and real leaders in real situations! Wow! You get to analyze, debate and fully discuss all options available in the situation and then determine the best course of action. Be warned, there are twists and turns along the way! I highly recommend IEP. It will give context to your leadership journey.Paulette Jones, Advertising Manager, The Nation Publishing Co. Limited
My experience and time at Ivey has been exceptional. In three weeks, my universe has been further expanded by the simple reminder, as a professional manager, to always ask questions.Carey Kostyk, Vice President, Projects, ATCO Electric Ltd.
The Ivey Executive Program is really unique because it touches on a variety of topics that provide all of the information a leader needs to take their organization to the next level.Alison Tortorice, Senior Director, Legal Services, Cadillac Fairview
The program fee includes materials, meals and hotel accommodations. Program fees are tax-exempt.
Applications must be submitted no later than 14 days before the start of the program.
On the program page, select 'Apply Now'. Submit the program application form and select a payment method. Once your application is approved, you will be billed directly or receive an invoice. Payment of program fees is due within 30 days of receipt of invoice and no less than 15 days before the program start date.
Our Program Managers will contact all registered participants prior to the program start date with instructions to join our online Learning Management System. Once logged in, you will be able to create a class profile, view other participants' profiles, and access a list of assigned pre-reading, cases, and activities. Plan to review and complete preparation work in advance of each class session.
Seats in The Ivey Executive Program may be reserved for a limited time pending availability. Contact a program advisor to request a reservation. A program application must then be confirmed within 15 business days, and no less than 30 days before the program start date.