The Ivey Influence and Persuasion Program is a transformative program with a deeply personal process designed for managers who are strong conceptually but want to be much more effective in communicating their ideas, proposals and vision.
Through team exercises and interactive presentations, you will identify your personal profile and improve your ability to influence and persuade diverse audiences – whether one-on-one or before a large group of people.
Join us for one of our upcoming sessions.
Jun 21 - Jun 23, 2017
||London, ON||$5,100 CDN|
Call us: 1.800.948.8548 or 1.519.661.3272
Who Should Attend?
Mid- to senior-level leaders who desire to master powerful influencing and persuasion skills which guarantee new levels of leadership, presence and high-impact communication.
Learning is organized around the core themes of Winning Strategies to Influence, Persuade and Lead Others; Delivering Powerful Presentations; Using the High-Performing Team to Make a Difference; and Principles Underlying Effective Communication.
Winning Strategies to Influence, Persuade and Lead Others
- Master effective ways to lead, influence and motivate others...beyond your present abilities
- Learn how to give constructive and candid feedback, as well as the grace to receive it
- Learn how to influence others over whom you have no authority
- Master how to be persuasive even in impromptu speeches/responses
- Internalize influencing skills which enable you to move beyond motivational to inspirational
- Keys to turning your dreams into goals and pursuing the possible
Delivering Powerful Presentations
- Learn the three “Ps” critical in delivering persuasive, effective presentations that boost your confidence
- Learn how to analyze the audience in a “blink” of an eye
- Identify the three keys to high-impact communication that presenters never consider
- Learn how to deal brilliantly with challenging questions and “hecklers”
- Understand the importance of non-verbal communication in presentations
- Master how to use appropriate language for your audience and truly speak their language
- Design visuals that support you...not upstage you
- Receive personal feedback on your videotaped presentation skills from peers and faculty
Using the High-Performing Team to Make a Difference
- Identify the ten requirements for influence and productivity in an effective team
- How to implement the 4:8 rule
- Learn how to create a “balanced” team with all communication styles present
- Share your vision persuasively in order to gain team buy-in and followership
Principles Underlying Effective Communication
- Understand the four different leadership communication styles and how to communicate more effectively with each
- Learn the importance of leading by listening between the lines with the “third ear”
- Master skills required to confront and deal effectively with difficult situations/ conversations
- Identify the two “big ticket items” determining your charisma
- Master ways to develop and support excellence in others
This is Not about Text Books and Lectures
If you are having a hard time imagining yourself in a classroom again, keep in mind that the Ivey Influence and Persuasion Program is designed with busy leaders in mind. It is an engaging, interactive experience that draws on the vast perspectives that you and your classmates will bring to the program. Our real-world method of learning is not about textbooks and lectures – it’s about learning by doing. You’ll put yourself in the role of decision-maker and take on real challenges faced by real companies to gain practical hands-on experience. You’ll come away with new knowledge and ideas that are directly applicable to your business and that will have immediate impact.
Create Immediate Impact
Throughout the program, you will track your learning outcomes and pinpoint specific initiatives to implement. You leave knowing exactly how you will apply your new knowledge and skills, and a self-developed implementation plan to start your impact once back in the office.
|Finance: 20%||Technology: 8%|
|Public Sector: 15%||Not-for-profit: 7%|
|Oil and Gas/Energy: 10%||Other: 15%|
|55 and older: 7%||40 - 44: 28%|
|50 - 54: 7%||35 - 39: 28%|
|45 - 49: 14%||30 - 34: 14%|
Select Participating Organizations
|American Express||Alliance Data|
|Cadillac Fairview Corporation||Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC)|
|Canadian National Railway||Deloitte|
|HSBC Bank Canada||KPMG|
|Labatt Breweries of Canada||McDonald's Restaurants of Canada|
|Revera||Royal Canadian Mint|
“This course was fantastic – it showcased very advanced, up-to-date and practical tools for me to apply to my workplace. The faculty was also very available and prepared to make an engaging learning experience for all students. I highly recommend this class to all aspiring leaders.”
Alex Chan, Director, Canadian Stewardship Services Alliance Inc.
“This course blew me away… so much more than a theoretical class on leadership. It walks the talk and takes everyone right out of their comfort zone in a great way. Highly recommend!”
Michael Hudgin, Assistant Portfolio Manager, Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
Denis Shackel: Faculty Director
As Professor of Communications and Specialist in Human Resources, Denis Shackel, regularly presents workshops designed to unlock the talents of those within management of business and government organizations.
He has written four books titled: Improving Creativity Through Programmed Instruction, Imagineering...Teachable Techniques for Creative Thinking, Models of Communication and Nonverbal Communication and Five Seconds at a Time. The recipient of numerous awards, he received Professor of the Year Awards from both the University of Toronto and The University of Western Ontario. In 2008, the Ministry of Universities and Colleges awarded Denis the "LIFT" (Leaders in Faculty Teaching) Award, open to teachers from all universities, colleges and teaching hospitals throughout Ontario.
Clients: Accenture, American Management Association, Bayer, Bell Canada, Biovail Inc., Burger King, Chrysler, DuPont Canada, Enbridge Consumers Gas, Deloitte, Home Hardware Inc., Imax Inc., International Road Dynamics, J.D. Irving, KPMG, Maple Leaf Foods, Ontario Government, Petro-Canada, RCMP, Royal Bank, Veritas, City of London and City of Stratford.