Rethinking our Thinking for a Sustainable Future
September 01, 2022
Ivey's Donald K. Johnson Centre, 130 King St W, Toronto, ON M5X 1A9
To build a more sustainable and prosperous future, we need to be innovative, holistic, inclusive, collaborative, and above all, rethink our thinking about our purpose and practices.
Join us at Ivey for a day of Rethinking our Thinking for a Sustainable Future. We will exchange ideas with Ivey alumni, faculty, business leaders, and students on September 1, 2022, to explore how we can together build a sustainable, purposeful, and desired future. We will stretch our thinking, become familiar with tools to effect system-level change, and develop practical ideas to bring back to our organizations and communities.
This in-person event is complimentary to attend. It will run from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. A light breakfast and lunch will be provided.
The event is timed to coincide with the international Estoril Conference in Portugal at which leaders from business, government NGOs, media, and think tanks will be gathering to take on the major global challenges facing us today.
Who should participate?
This event benefits all established and aspiring leaders from across industries, sectors, functions and lived experience. It is designed for those interested in learning new ways of problem-solving and collaborating effectively, as well as for those eager to engage with Ivey in learning them through experiential learning. Those whose work or ideas intersect, influence, or confront complex problems, such as sustainability, are encouraged to participate.
What will I learn?
- How traditional ways of thinking and working impede progress toward a sustainable future.
- Why “messy” problems such as climate change require systems thinking and vastly more collaboration with diverse, intergenerational partners.
- How to reframe our perspectives on priorities, processes, and the people we privilege.
- How to nudge others in your organizations and communities toward new practices and new thinking for creating a more desirable future.
Why else should I join?
- Connect with practice leaders, Ivey students and alumni who are passionate about discovering the many opportunities that will lead to a better future.
- Gain access to leading business researchers in sustainability and systems thinking.
The event is now sold out. To be added to our waitlist, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.