- Nov 27, 2015
From first time events in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Zurich, Switzerland to annual celebrations in Toronto and Shanghai, Global Ivey Day reached around the globe to bring alumni together to celebrate their Ivey experience.
Created in 2010 as an opportunity for Ivey alumni to put time aside from their busy and demanding schedules to celebrate their Ivey experience, Global Ivey Day has grown into a truly worldwide event:
- Final number of cities where events took place – 40
- Total number of events – 65
- Total number of alumni – 2,396
- Total number of students – 912
Mark your calendars for next year’s event – Nov. 17, 2016
One of the special moments of Global Ivey Day is the Emerging Leaders Awards. These awards honour rising stars from the global Ivey alumni community who have graduated within the past 10 years. Here are this year’s recipients.
Read their stories on the Global Ivey Day website:
- Community Advancement – Melissa Sariffodeen, HBA ’10
- Community Advancement – Heather Payne, HBA ’09
- Global Impact – Ryan Little, MBA ’06
- Corporate Development – Greg Gunn, MBA ’10
- Entrepreneurship – Craig Follett, HBA ’08
- Student Leadership – Harrison Reilly, HBA ’16 Candidate
- Academic Leadership – Caroline Flammer, Ivey Faculty
Did you miss the event?
There are lots of ways to experience the Global Ivey Day action:
- This short video explains what Global Ivey Day means to alumni
- What did Global Ivey Day look like in Kingston, Jamaica? Worldwide event photos
- Speakers, lunches, networking events and more! Toronto event photos
Global Ivey Day was made possible by the amazing efforts of 136 volunteers and the more than 2,300 alumni who attended 65 events. And a special thanks goes to our sponsors who help make it all possible.
As it happened!
Watch Global Ivey Day as it unfolded on Twitter.