- Oct 23, 2018
Ivey alumni came from far and wide to reconnect with classmates and friends during Homecoming 2018 celebrations, and the results were incredible.
Not only did more than 1,100 alumni and friends return to London to enjoy the weekend, but their generosity was also on display.
“I am happy to report that more than $4.4 million was raised by the generous reunion classes to commemorate their time at Ivey,” said Eric Graage, Executive Director of Advancement at Ivey.
Here are some highlights from the celebration:
- Our Open House started at 9 a.m. on Saturday and 25 student volunteers welcomed our alumni, gave them tours of our impressive facility, and talked about their own Ivey experience.
- Alumni participated in the Ivey Pledge, attended Lecture Series and a Case Study, and watched the undefeated Western Mustangs play the Laurier Golden Hawks at TD Stadium in the afternoon. Western won 46-13.
- Sunday’s Golden Alumni Brunch drew more than 100 alumni and guests to the Brock Pavilion. It was a great end to a memory-filled weekend.
Scott Vanderwel, HBA ’98, Chair of the Ivey Alumni Network Board, and Acting Dean Mark Vandenbosch, HBA ’84, recognized the contributions of our Distinguished Service and Faculty Service Award recipients in front of their classmates, family members, and colleagues at Saturday’s Dean’s Welcome.
The alumni honorees were:
- Doug Guzman, HBA ’88;
- Barbara Stymiest, HBA ’78, LLD ’11;
- Gary West, HBA ’68; and,
- The late David Wright, HBA ’83. David’s sister, Karen Wright, MBA ’84, represented the family.
The faculty honoree was Professor Emeritus Ross Archibald, HBA ’58.