- Jan 11, 2019
Five Ivey alumni were named members of the Order of Canada, announced in December.
The Order of Canada is one of the country’s highest civilian honours for outstanding achievement and service to society. The alumni are among 103 new appointments.
- Jean André Élie, MBA ’68, Managing Director of Corporate and Investment Banking at the Canadian Head Office of the Société Générale. Acknowledged for his contributions to governance in the arts and for his philanthropy.
- Serge Gouin, HBA ’65, MBA ’66, Chairman of the Board of Quebecor Media Inc. (retired). Acknowledged for his contributions to television broadcasting, cable television, and telecommunications, and for his involvement with charities.
- Linda Hasenfratz, EMBA ’97, CEO of Linamar Corp. Recognized for developing economic opportunities and for her ongoing community involvement.
- Ray Muzyka, EMBA ’01, Founder and CEO of Threshold Impact. Recognized for his contributions to the video game industry as a developer and co-founder of an internationally-renowned studio.
- Peter Simons, HBA ’86, President and CEO of La Maison Simons. Acknowledged for his leadership, advocacy of the Canadian retail industry, and philanthropy.