- Oct 21, 2019
This past weekend, the Ivey Homecoming spirit was alive as we welcomed more than 1,100 alumni and friends back to the School to celebrate their milestone reunions. It was an opportunity for alumni to relive memories, reflect on the transformational experience of an Ivey education, and reconnect with classmates.
"I am happy to report that more than $1.3 million was raised by the generous reunion classes to commemorate their time at Ivey," said Cathy Vitkauskas, Executive Director of Advancement at Ivey.
Here are some highlights from the celebration:
- Our Open House started at 9 a.m. on Saturday and 30 student volunteers welcomed our alumni back to campus.
- Alumni participated in a Pledge Ceremony, attended two Lecture Series and a Case Study, and watched the Western Mustangs play the Ottawa Gee-Gees at TD Stadium in the afternoon.
- Sunday’s Golden Alumni Brunch drew more than 100 alumni and guests to the Brock Pavilion. These alumni celebrated 50-plus years since graduation.
Scott Vanderwel, HBA ’98, Chair of the Ivey Alumni Network Board, and Dean Sharon Hodgson recognized the contributions of our Distinguished Service and Faculty Service Award recipients at Saturday’s Dean’s Welcome.
This year's recipients were:
- John Bayliss, HBA '99;
- Laura Hantho, MBA '89;
- Jon Hantho, MBA '89; and,
- Pamela Jeffery, HBA '84, MBA '88.
Associate Professor Nicole Haggerty, HBA '89, PhD '04, received the Alumni Faculty Service Award.