We are excited to welcome the Ivey community back to campus. But as we begin to slowly and safely return, there are some new protocols in place that prioritize your health, safety, and well-being. Everyone has a part to play in keeping our campus safe, whether you are a student, faculty member, or staff. Below is a summary of everything you need to know before returning to Ivey.
Steps you must take before you return to campus
The following steps are mandatory and focused on important public health measures to ensure everyone’s health and safety.
- Watch this eight-minute COVID-19 training video (accessed via OWL using your Western login) on return-to-campus essentials;
- Read this two-page PDF document on the actions you must take while on campus and the health and safety measures at Western;
- Complete this Return-to-Campus Questionnaire (accessed through https://myhr.uwo.ca/) before each visit to campus; and,
- Plan to wear a non-medical mask or face covering when in the presence of others and in common and shared spaces on campus. Western will be supplying masks, but please bring your own in case they aren’t available.
It is also important that you do not come to campus if you are feeling unwell.
Once you are on campus
- Practise physical distancing of two metres apart. Directional signage and seating arrangements in classrooms and common areas are in place to accommodate physical distancing in Ivey’s buildings. In some cases, plexiglass shields have been added to reception desks, service stations, and classrooms;
- Keep groups to 10 or less to maintain physical distancing;
- Wear your mask at all times when in the presence of others, indoors, and at meal-service stations. Masks can be removed while eating your meal;
- Wash or disinfect your hands thoroughly and often. Sanitizer stations and dispensers have been added to Ivey’s buildings;
- Avoid direct contact with high-touch surfaces; and,
- Disinfect your desk, work area, computer equipment, and tools frequently and avoid sharing tools where possible.
- Those returning to campus will experience a new environment. Our buildings have been adapted to accommodate physical distancing;
- Our building services follow cleaning protocol recommendations of the Middlesex-London Health Unit, Public Health, and Government of Canada;
- Not all food services are available at this time;
- Students arriving from outside of Canada must self-quarantine for 14 days;
- On-campus parking lots are being monitored;
- If you are carpooling to campus, please ensure safety, including wearing masks and physical distancing.
Emotional Well-being During COVID-19 (Morneau Shepell)
COVID-19 and Mental Health (Canadian Mental Health Association)
Returning to campus buildings safely
A staff member cleaning at the Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre
Meeting rooms have reduced occupancy at the Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre
Staff at the Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre are required to pass a daily health assessment before beginning their shifts, including a temperature check
Sanitizing wipes at the Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre
Seating is spread out in classrooms at the Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre
Plexiglass shields on a food service station at the Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre
Signage at the Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre
Seating in the BMO Financial Group Auditorium at the Richard Ivey Building accommodates physical distancing (Photo by Brandon Watson)
Signage in lounge areas at the Richard Ivey Building (Photo by Brandon Watson)
Classroom seating at the Richard Ivey Building (Photo by Brandon Watson)
Hand sanitizer stations at the Richard Ivey Building (Photo by Brandon Watson)
Directional signage at the Brock Pavilion at the Richard Ivey Building (Photo by Brandon Watson)