Accelerate Leadership Program with Protein Industries Canada
Created in collaboration by Protein Industries Canada and The Ivey Academy, this program helps to develop critical leadership skills and talent for entrepreneurs and SMEs in Canada’s plant-based food, feed and ingredients sector.
The Accelerate Leadership Program, created in collaboration by Protein Industries Canada and The Ivey Academy, is designed to give entrepreneurs and SMEs in Canada’s plant-based food, feed and ingredients sector the skills and talent they need to succeed. The eight-month course will take place both online and in person, allowing for timely delivery of material and networking opportunities.
By focusing on knowledge upgrades in areas often seen as overlooked in education offered to the plant-based food and ingredients sector, the Accelerate program will enable SMEs to more easily and more quickly grow their businesses and market footprint, strengthening Canada’s plant-based foods and ingredients sector. Participants leave the program with the leadership skills needed to lead people, drive change, and effectively position their organizations for success.
Who Will Benefit
This program is available to Canadian businesses that are members of Protein Industries Canada and those that are a part of Canada’s agri-food ecosystem.
Attendees are entrepreneurs and executives in Canada's plant-based food, feed, and ingredients sector seeking a tailored, intensive leadership development experience to help their organizations scale and grow.
What You Learn
Participants walk away with:
- Personal and team leadership skills such as communication, negotiation, talent development, and performance management
- Essential business acumen, including financial fundamentals, financial forecasting, and capital structuring
- Key understanding information systems, data collection and interpretation, and IP ownership
- The ability to gain buy-in and drive change on an organizational change
- A practical action plan to apply learning from the program directly to an identified organizational challenge and/or opportunity
Culture, Strategy, and Communications
- Personal Leadership Transformation: Finding better ways to lead
- Collaboration & Negotiation: Ground rules for balancing collaboration and negotiation
Talent and Performance Development
- Collaboration & Negotiation: Creating and Claiming Value in Negotiation
- Leadership: Building Real Commitment in People
Teams and Finance
- Financial Fundamentals for Growing Companies
- Financial Forecasting and Credit Decisions
- Capital Structure Decisions
Teams, Information Systems, & Intellectual Property
- Information Systems: Competing in the connecting world
- Leadership: Teaming in real-time
- Information Systems: Data as the differentiator
- IP Ownership and Collaborative Models
Leadership - Driving Change
- Building an Effective Plan for Change
- Operations Tune-Ups that Impact Quality and Performance
- Executing Supply Chain Re-Engineering Strategies
- Increasing the Odds of Success through Sequence and Timing
- What Change Leaders Actually Do and Why It Matters
Action Learning Project
Each participant works on a personalized project where they directly apply their learning takeaways within the context of their organization. Participants identify a problem and/or opportunity in their organization and build an action plan on how they can enact change. Peers, coaches, and faculty are all able to deliver objective feedback and support throughout the process. Following the program, coaching and other sustainment tools help you take measurable steps toward solving your challenge.
How You Learn
The Accelerate Leadership Program is deeply experiential, grounded in case research, and facilitated by expert faculty from Ivey Business School. Our real-world Case Method of Learning is not about textbooks and lectures – it’s about learning by doing. You’ll identify specific, practical learning takeaways through deep discussion and simulations, and finish the program with new skills, crowdsourced wisdom, and insights you can immediately apply when you return work.Learn more about the Ivey Experience
Faculty Director and Assistant Professor, Organizational Behaviour
Associate Professor, Organizational Behaviour
Assistant Professor, Management Communications & General Management
Lecturer, Managerial Accounting and Control
Lecturer, Operations Management
Assistant Professor, Information Systems & Strategy