Leading Creative Innovation
Apply the creative process to problem-solving, integrate insights from the creative economy, and effectively harness emerging technologies to drive growth and innovation in any industry.
Leading Creative Innovation is an interactive virtual workshop designed to help forward-thinking leaders harness the potential of creative thinking. By exploring real-world case examples of leading companies in the creative space, you’ll find ways to jump-start innovation in your organization and unlock your team’s true potential.
Creating an environment that fosters creativity is more complex than it might appear. Behind the chaos of new ideas, effective creative teams rely on clear processes, collaborative habits, and structured frameworks to generate successful outcomes. You’ll learn how to use creative techniques to tackle business opportunities and identify the emerging technologies that creative industries use to drive impact. Return to your role with fresh perspectives to reimagine how you operate at any level or area of your organization.
Who Will Benefit
Leading Creative Innovation benefits a wide range of professionals, including senior executives, leaders responsible for digitalization and innovation, technology officers, marketing and CX professionals, consultants, designers, and entrepreneurs. This learning experience equips you with strategic insights to integrate creativity into decision-making, drive growth in creative industries, and tackle real-world opportunities effectively.
What You Learn
Leading in a creative environment
- Understand when and how to apply the creative process to business problem-solving. Use the best practices for collaboration and innovation established in creative industries.
- Jump-start innovation in your team and create the right environment for creative thinking. Enable experimentation and testing to drive continuous improvements.
- Develop strategies to navigate the unique leadership challenges of managing creative people and teams.
Utilizing emerging creative technologies
- Identify emerging technologies in creative industries and learn how to apply these technologies to your organization's competitive advantage.
- Analyze the strategic positioning of creative products to draw insights for any industry.
- Develop diffusion strategies for innovative products; explore and discuss real-world case examples and plan a specific innovation project for your organization.
Reimagine how your organization operates
- Map out the characteristics of the innovation process. Anticipate obstacles and learn to communicate effectively with stakeholders throughout the process.
- Understand the advantages—and complexities—of fostering creativity. Implement clear processes and collaborative habits to encourage innovation.
Ivey Digital Leader Certificate
Leading Creative Innovation is eligible for your Digital Leader Certificate pathway. Click here to learn more and view additional program options.
How You Learn
In Leading Creative Innovation, you’ll embark on an immersive learning journey featuring real-world case exploration and hands-on creativity through simulated scenarios and collaborative activities. This dynamic approach empowers you to harness emerging technologies and develop actionable plans to lead and innovate within your organizationLearn more about the Ivey experience
Return on Investment
- A prestigious credential from Ivey Business School, represented by a digital badge to showcase your advanced proficiency.
- Enhanced leadership skills, including increased awareness, emotional intelligence, and inclusivity
- Access to exclusive event invitations and valuable thought leadership resources, along with practical insights on emerging technology applications for your organization.
- Execute an Action Learning Project, applying newfound knowledge to address organizational challenges, yielding tangible results and enhancing the return on investment.
- Share fresh perspectives, frameworks, and research from Ivey with your team, promoting greater collaboration and cohesion among team members.
- Raise awareness and establish practices for neurodiversity in the workplace, fostering a more inclusive and diverse organizational culture.
- Collaboratively brainstorm practical applications of emerging technologies within your organization, guided by insights from experienced researchers.
- Equip your organization with the insights and capabilities to implement blockchain or any new technology, enhancing innovation and competitiveness.
The program fee covers all materials. Program fees are tax-exempt.
Applications must be submitted no later than 14 days before the start of the program.
Online programs are delivered through a blend of live interactive virtual sessions with Ivey faculty facilitators and self-paced learning modules. Each module guides you through videos, cases, and exercises that help you prepare for and reflect on your learning. You’ll then participate in a live online class to discuss and apply your new knowledge with peers and faculty. All components of virtual programs are required for participants.
Organizations and participants in Canada may benefit from the Canada Job Grant or the Canada Training Credit to offset a portion of program fees. Visit our Funding Resources page to learn more.
Our Program Managers will contact all registered participants before the program start date with instructions to join our online Learning Management System. Once logged in, you can create a class profile, view other participants’ profiles, and access a list of assigned preparation activities. Plan to review and complete preparation work in advance of each class session.