Value Creation for the Web3 Era
Get ahead of the transformation in digital connectivity and find practical applications of Web3 technologies for your organization’s strategy, operations, and workforce.
The decentralization of the internet and the move towards Web3 are already enabling better transparency and efficiency for organizations across all sectors. Business leaders must be ready to implement emerging technologies to stay competitive, leverage new business models, ensure digital security, and enable seamless communication across vendors, suppliers, and customers.
Value Creation for the Web3 Era is a focused workshop that illuminates the world of Web3, diving into its impacts and practical applications across various industries and functional areas within organizations. This interactive workshop offers a hands-on approach, focusing on the real-world implementation of new technologies in your organization. No matter your focus area or expertise, you will find practical ways to improve trust, efficiency, and security in product design, HR, operations, analytics, and beyond. Gain the insights and tools needed to drive new value creation in the new age of the internet.
Who Will Benefit
The workshop is intended for leaders and managers in all functional areas of their organizations. It is essential for operations, supply chain management, and IT professionals. Leaders with strategic responsibilities will find immediate benefits in understanding the practical implications of the current shift to Web3. Any senior or emerging leader involved with innovation or digitalization in their organizations will gain cutting-edge research-based insights into emerging trends and technologies.
The sessions will also benefit designers, product managers, R&D teams, engineers or other technical professionals, entrepreneurs, coaches, and consultants.
What You Learn
Enhancing your insight
- Recognize the links and distinctions between blockchain, Web3, NFTs, DLTs, DAOs, and more.
- Identify the strategic risks and potential disruption presented by distributed ledger technologies.
- Work through real-world case examples to inspire potential uses for Web3 technologies in any industry.
Finding tech-driven optimizations
- Identify organizational processes and workflows that can be optimized or transformed — across all business areas.
- Find situations in your organization where blockchain-based technologies can give you an advantage.
- Anticipate potential obstacles to implementing blockchain solutions and learn to communicate the business benefit.
Devising an action plan for your organization
- Evaluate your organization’s readiness for adopting blockchain technology and identify the critical steps to start today.
- Formulate a roadmap for integrating Web3 technologies in your team, department, or organization.
The total learning time commitment for this workshop is 4 hours of instruction and 1-2 hours of independent work.
Ivey Advanced Impact Certificate
Value Creation for the Web3 Era is eligible for your Digital Leader Certificate pathway. Click here to learn more and view additional program options.
How You Learn
Value Creation in the Web3 Era is a focused online workshop designed for interactive learning. Hear from top Ivey faculty, discuss research-backed case examples with peers, and create an action plan for your organization.Learn more about the Ivey Experience
Return on Investment
- Earn a credential from Ivey Business School. Your Value Creation for the Web3 Era digital badge is linked to a unique URL, allowing you to showcase your advanced proficiency in online profiles.
- Explore new insights on emerging technology — and practical ways to apply them in your organization.
- Receive exclusive event invitations and curated collections of thought leadership and research from Ivey Business School.
- Brainstorm practical ways to utilize emerging technologies in your organization with input from experienced researchers.
- Share new perspectives, frameworks, and research from Ivey with your team to build a greater sense of collaboration and cohesion.
- Help your organization build the insights and capabilities to implement blockchain — or any new technology.
The program fee covers all materials. Program fees are tax-exempt.
Applications must be submitted no later than 14 days before the start of the program.
Online programs are delivered through a blend of live interactive virtual sessions with Ivey faculty facilitators and self-paced learning modules. Each module guides you through videos, cases, and exercises that help you prepare for and reflect on your learning. You’ll then participate in a live online class to discuss and apply your new knowledge with peers and faculty. All components of virtual programs are required for participants.
Organizations and participants in Canada may benefit from the Canada Job Grant or the Canada Training Credit to offset a portion of program fees. Visit our Funding Resources page to learn more.
Our Program Managers will contact all registered participants before the program start date with instructions to join our online Learning Management System. Once logged in, you can create a class profile, view other participants’ profiles, and access a list of assigned preparation activities. Plan to review and complete preparation work in advance of each class session.