- Oct 2, 2013
Perfect weather, tasty treats, and a Mustangs Football win all contributed to an incredible Homecoming weekend at Ivey.
However, the main reason why the celebration was such a success was the nearly 1,300 Ivey alumni and guests who were able to make it to London for the festivities. While as students they may not have attended classes in Ivey’s new building, the new space still felt like home for everyone who came back.
- Homecoming kicked off in the BMO Financial Group Auditorium with the Richard G. Ivey Speaker Series for students featuring Chris Albinson, HBA ’90, MBA ’93, Managing Director, Founders Circle Capital as our key note speaker.
- Alumni gathered in the Richard Ivey Building for the New Building Party. Over 100 student volunteers were on hand to welcome alumni, give them a tour of our impressive facility, and talk about their own Ivey experience.
- Professors Nicole Haggerty, HBA ’89, PhD ’04, and Joe Compeau, EMBA ’07, hosted a case study for any alumni who craved the Ivey classroom experience; while others joined the crowd of 12,000 in TD Stadium for the Western Mustangs football game, and watched as the Mustangs crushed the Queen’s Gaels 50-31.
- Classmates reunited at various venues around the city over the weekend – from formal cocktail receptions to casual house parties.
- The Ivey Alumni Association London Chapter hosted the 19th annual Homecoming golf tournament at Forest City National.
Reunion classes commemorated their milestone Homecoming festivities by raising a generous $1.7 million for the school. This year’s Homecoming success was the culmination of months of hard work and dedication by over 150 alumni volunteers from 1943 to 2008, as well as dedicated Ivey staff members.
Ivey Distinguished Service Awards and the Alumni Faculty Service Award
As is Homecoming tradition, Dean Bob Kennedy and Ivey Alumni Association Chair Anthony Ostler, MBA ’97 presented this year’s Ivey Distinguished Service Award recipients: Tim Hodgson, MBA ’88, Sarah Morgenstern, MBA ’93, and Kevin O’Brien, HBA ’93; and the Alumni Faculty Service Award recipient: Professor Murray Bryant. The following video highlights their outstanding contributions:
The date for Homecoming 2014 has been set – September 19-21. Mark your calendars now!