- Oct 3, 2016
Numbering more than 960 strong, Ivey alumni and friends came from across Canada and around the world to take part in Reunion Weekend festivities. From Two-Bite Brownies and building tours to formal cocktail parties and casual get-togethers, alumni celebrated the School and reminisced with classmates about their shared experiences.
Alumni generosity was also on display. More than $1.9 million was raised by generous reunion classes to commemorate their milestone years.
The recipients of this year’s Distinguished Service Award were honoured at the celebration. A video commemorating their accomplishments was shown to classmates and guests at an Open House hosted by Dean Bob Kennedy in the BMO Financial Group Auditorium on Saturday.
This year’s recipients were
- Nora Aufreiter, HBA ’81;
- Scott Beattie, HBA ’81, MBA ’86;
- Jon Love, HBA ’76, LLD ’16;
- Mark Whitmore, MBA ’91; and,
- Associate Professor Rod White, HBA ’74, who received the Alumni Faculty Service Award.
Reunion Weekend highlights:
- Reunion Weekend opened on Friday with the Richard G. Ivey Speaker Series featuring Dan Devlin, HBA ’81, and Mike Tevlin, HBA ’81. Devlin and Tevlin are founders of Give & Go Prepared Foods, one of Canada’s leading bakery companies and home of the Two-Bite Brownie.
- At an Open House on Saturday, approximately 60 student volunteers took alumni on a tour of the Richard Ivey Building.
- Professor Simon Parker gave alumni a chance to get back in the classroom with an afternoon case learning session.
- The Golden Alumni Brunch brought together more than 55 alumni and guests to the Brock Pavilion on Sunday.