- May 10, 2018
The ninth annual Global Ivey Day was so big, it should’ve been named Global Ivey Week.
To accommodate different time zones around the world, and the large number of Ivey alumni eager to celebrate, this year’s celebration didn’t just take place on May 3 – there were events happening all week.
Beginning with the Bay Area celebration on April 29, and wrapping up on May 7 with an event in Moscow, Global Ivey Day saw 72 events – nearly 10 more than in 2016 – in 41 cities around the world, with thousands of alumni, students, and friends in attendance.
From virtual golf in Vancouver, and an all-day touring extravaganza in Switzerland, to a get together at a fintech incubator in Shanghai, this year’s Global Ivey Day events were truly global – and nothing short of incredible!
New additions to the Global Ivey fun
Every year, Global Ivey Day gets even bigger. Here are the events that were new this year:
- The Toronto inter-bank event, hosted by BMO, CIBC, RBC, Scotiabank, and TD;
- New celebrations taking place for the first time in Madrid, Mexico, Atlanta, Melbourne, Bahamas, and North Carolina;
- The recently formed Greater Hamilton Area Chapter hosted its first GID event, with a great turnout;
- An LGBTQ networking social in Toronto;
- The Toronto Real Estate Industry Event, which included a panel of leading experts in real estate development; and
- A Kiva fundraising team, helping to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty.
The biggest Global Ivey Day event was held in Toronto at The Fermenting Cellar, with more than 600 alumni in attendance.
We’re already counting down the days until the 10th annual Global Ivey Day: May 2, 2019.