Ivey Business School announces new blended learning MBA for working professionals
- Apr 3, 2019
Today, the Ivey Business School announced the launch of the new Accelerated MBA for Business Graduates Program. The 12-month, while-you-work MBA is designed for working professionals with two to seven years of work experience who already hold an undergraduate business degree.
With both online components and in-class sessions held at Ivey’s downtown Toronto campus, the program offers Ivey’s in-class experience with the flexibility of blended online learning.
“While each course is grounded in Case-Method experiential learning, the online component will provide another level of interaction between professors and students,” says David Wood, Faculty Director, Accelerated MBA for Business Graduates Program. “We are developing a progressive way of engaging students both individually and in their learning teams.”
Requiring just three in-person days per month (Friday through Sunday) in Toronto, the new program enables professionals to earn an Ivey MBA while continuing to pursue their careers.
“The Accelerated MBA is tailored for motivated individuals who know the fundamentals of business and are looking for that higher level thinking that will propel their career forward,” says J.D. Clarke, Executive Director, Masters Programs, Recruitment and Admissions. “Prospective students are looking for advancement in their current company, but they need a little help to get to that next level.”
The program starts in January 2020. Applications are now being accepted.
Ivey’s MBA has been ranked No. 1 in Canada for five years running by Bloomberg Businessweek*.
The MBA Program at Ivey is now available in four formats:
- NEW Accelerated MBA for Business Undergraduates: While-you-work 12-month program delivered online and in person in Toronto, Ontario.
- Full-time MBA: Immersive one-year program in London, Ontario.
- MBA Direct for Ivey HBA Graduates: Immersive eight-month program in London, Ontario.
- Executive MBA: 15-month program designed for mid to late career executives, held in person in Toronto, Ontario.
* Bloomberg Businessweek Best B-Schools global ranking 2014-2018