Please read the expectations below and indicate your understanding and agreement:
The client understands the project takes places in four phases:
- Students are required to meet with the client at least 2 times to develop a detailed scope of what can be accomplished during the 2nd and 3rd week of SEPTEMBER. Clients must be available for meetings during that time either in-person or via Skype/Zoom/conference call.
- Students will spend the month of OCTOBER working on an interim report. The purpose of the interim report is to develop a set of questions that would need to be answered in order to help the client resolve the strategic issue they are facing. Students will develop a set of 10 to 15 key questions and do secondary research (data collection and understanding best practices) and primary research (interviews with the client and other stakeholders) to answer these questions. Students will require access to the client as well as documentation from the client.
- Students will spend the month of NOVEMBER working on the final report including key recommendations and a detailed implementation plan. Students will require access to the client as well as documentation from the client.
- Students will present the final project to the client either in-person or via Skype/Zoom/conference call in DECEMBER or JANUARY.
- During the entire IFP project (between SEPTEMBER and DECEMBER), the client will receive an update either by phone or via email every 7 to 10 days.