- Dec 18, 2019
At Ivey, 2019 was a year of change, with both a new Dean and exciting program launches. And, as always, our faculty, students, and alumni continued to make their mark in many impressive ways. Here’s a look back at our most notable headlines.
1. Sharon Hodgson began as Ivey's 10th Dean
Sharon Hodgson stepped into the Dean’s role on May 6, 2019, bringing a wealth of previous business experience.
2. Ivey alumnus named Rhodes Scholar
Patrick Hickey, HBA ’19, received a Rhodes Scholarship, one of the world's top scholarly honours, to fund his studies at the University of Oxford next year.
3. New Accelerated MBA offers immersive experiences
Ivey’s new Accelerated MBA for Business Graduates, which begins in January 2020, is 40-per-cent online and paves the way for blended case-based learning.
5. Financial Times spoke to Ivey
Dean Sharon Hodgson discussed emerging trends in business schools, including how Ivey is using new technologies for program delivery to meet students’ needs.
6. Ivey course among top 10 most forward-thinking of 2019
Ivey Assistant Professor Diane-Laure Arjaliès was recognized by the Aspen Institute with a 2019 Ideas Worth Teaching Award.
7. MBA Class of 2020 featured in Poets & Quants
Leading business education publication Poets & Quants profiled Ivey’s MBA program and featured a dozen current students.
8. Ivey introduced new MSc in Digital Management
Ivey launched a new stream focused on developing leaders who can combine technology and business. The inaugural class begins in January 2021.
9. EMBA students use business skills to advance Indigenous communities
Current EMBA students James Arreak and Firman Latimer discussed how they are using tools from the program to advance Indigenous communities.
10. Why Ivey's MBA is thriving
Bloomberg Businessweek spoke with Ivey about our thriving MBA program and the strength of the MBA alumni network.